In search of a 2 door Tahoe LT...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reeza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Figured I would try the forums so thank you in advance. Been searching for a clean low mileage (sub-100k) 2 door 4x4 Tahoe LT with tailgate. Willing to pay up for the right one. Have lost out on a couple on the auction sites and have had no luck with online sites. Thought it may be best to ask the community forums. If anyone has any leads or may be thinking about selling, please let me know! Thank you!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Here is one at Cars & Bids auction site but it has 155k miles, which is low mileage for the year.

Here is one from the PNW where there is no rust and is below 100k miles.

OP
OP
R

Reeza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Here is one at Cars & Bids auction site but it has 155k miles, which is low mileage for the year.

Here is one from the PNW where there is no rust and is below 100k miles.

Thank you for passing along! The cars & bids Tahoe is just a bit too much mileage. I def realize I might be looking for a needle in a haystack when it comes to sun-100k!

As for the PNW one, I actually never realized they made the 2 door Tahoe with square lights, but I prefer the rectangular ones.

Please let me know if anything else pops up on anyone’s radar! Thank you again!

Mean_Green

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why a two door? Most of my cars have been four doors. The Sebring I just sold was my only recent two door and that's one of the reasons. It was near impossible to load anything in the back seat and ever harder to get stuff out of.

Four on this is real easy to put groceries or whatever else in the back. The extra two rear (barn) doors makes it even easier to get to pretty much anywhere with little effort. That was my problem during the hunt and one reason I bought from so far away. I couldn't find one in decent condition that had the rear barn doors.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That 2 door with the square glass headlamps is odd. Finding a 2door or a 4 door with sub 100k is going to be tough and expensive. I've accepted the fact that under 150k is a real find any more. Rust is the enemy that wins more than mechanical issues which are all fixable.

OP
OP
R

Reeza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Why a two door? Most of my cars have been four doors. The Sebring I just sold was my only recent two door and that's one of the reasons. It was near impossible to load anything in the back seat and ever harder to get stuff out of.

Four on this is real easy to put groceries or whatever else in the back. The extra two rear (barn) doors makes it even easier to get to pretty much anywhere with little effort. That was my problem during the hunt and one reason I bought from so far away. I couldn't find one in decent condition that had the rear barn doors.
Just love the design. Remember wanting the 2 door Blazers in high school that preceeded this model in the early 90s. I'll be riding solo mostly. If my kids join, they'll just have to contort their way to the back seat! If I could, I would ideally have the bench seat up front but figured I've got to limit the rarity of what I am looking for. Seems these clean ones with sub-100k mileage are in the $25-$30k range. At least that's what I've seen on the auction sites. I'm willing to pay up if it checks the boxes. There was a local one (I am in southern california) 1997, blue LT, z71, with 55k miles. He wanted $39k!! Not gonna lie...was tempted but it was early in my search and he wasn't willing to budge. The search continues!

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Why a 2 door??? Because they are a lot cooler looking than a 4 door! Also they are shorter and depending on where you go much easier to turn around in the woods and on trails. I've owned both and if all you want is utility a 4 door Tahoe or Suburban with barn doors are good. I come from the age of 2 door cars, not today when everyone is driving grandmas car with 4 doors.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're selling yourself short on the mileage. these things are solid compared to newer trucks afm issues and stuff. my 2 door has over 300k on it, rust free and interior is in good shape. I did have to get it painted a few years back, it's black and the oem paint finally started to crack and I didn't want it to rust.

as said above, watch for rust and body in good shape. mechanical stuff is eazy, plus you'll. want to upgrade most of that anyways.

OP
OP
R

Reeza

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think you're selling yourself short on the mileage. these things are solid compared to newer trucks afm issues and stuff. my 2 door has over 300k on it, rust free and interior is in good shape. I did have to get it painted a few years back, it's black and the oem paint finally started to crack and I didn't want it to rust.

as said above, watch for rust and body in good shape. mechanical stuff is eazy, plus you'll. want to upgrade most of that anyways.
I'm beginning to realize this more and more reading through this forum. I think the mileage is more a function of having a clean interior but it seems refinishing the interior if need be is an easy fix. And maybe I look for cloth which seems to hold up better than the leather in these.

Here's one that may be more of what you are looking for. Located in northern IL
Thank you! Although I have sworn off black exteriors now 3 times in my life and everytime i go back, i have regretted it outside the first 5 minutes it's clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2