15 Tahoe won't go past 85MPH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unclehank47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As of yesterday my 15 Tahoe LTZ will not go faster than 85mph. Feels like a governor is on it. Also when the left turn signal is on the interior light flashes. Weird weird weird! Recently had the front struts replaced from magride tp passive. Does anyone have a clue on this?

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interior lights is a different known issue. Search for interior "disco lights" and you will find the part numbers and a pretty good details on how to fix it. It's a bad module in the over head console lights that affects all rows. If I find the thread, I'll add it.

As for the 85mph...my 15 doesn't have that issue. Good luck.

singhnyc

Reaction score
do you have suspension light on from the mag ride delete

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest contacting a company called Xineering in Florida.
They sell a GM Shock Delete kit (I have this installed on my '15 Tahoe LTZ).
One of the email correspondences I had with the company mentioned an "84 mph speed limiter" may occur if the MRC delete circuits were not operating properly. I also remember them saying it was perfectly safe to drive, but the limiter may occur. I didn't have that happen so I never went further with that.

I'm sure a quick call to them will get you the answers you need!

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of yesterday my 15 Tahoe LTZ will not go faster than 85mph. Feels like a governor is on it. Also when the left turn signal is on the interior light flashes. Weird weird weird! Recently had the front struts replaced from magride tp passive. Does anyone have a clue on this?
I guess the elephant in the room is, why would you delete the MRC and revert to traditional shocks?

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yes it's definitely with your Magnetic Ride. Reach out to xineering in Florida someone else suggested it in a earlier post suggested it. They will send you USB cord that you can hook up to your OBD Inlet and you can correct this code and with your laptop and the application you can clear this code once and for all. I know each time you start your truck it says "service suspension". And as a safety feature you can't go over 85. I have done this from experience I reach out to xineering in Florida they sent me a cable that I was able to hook up to my yukon problem solved for me

OP
OP
U

Unclehank47

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it's definitely with your Magnetic Ride. Reach out to xineering in Florida someone else suggested it in a earlier post suggested it. They will send you USB cord that you can hook up to your OBD Inlet and you can correct this code and with your laptop and the application you can clear this code once and for all. I know each time you start your truck it says "service suspension". And as a safety feature you can't go over 85. I have done this from experience I reach out to xineering in Florida they sent me a cable that I was able to hook up to my yukon problem solved for me
Awesome reaching out asap!

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the elephant in the room is, why would you delete the MRC and revert to traditional shocks?

The MRC is going to FAIL - period.

Also, many owners complain of a harsh ride with the MRC.

My Tahoe's MRC front shocks went bad at 32k miles! Just under $2,000 at Chevy to get the OE replacement done. Crazy! I spent less $ on my MRC delete circuits and Fox shocks (awesome upgrade to front and back suspension). My Fox 2.0 front coilovers are also fully serviceable by the company and can be adjusted for increased ride height; or moved to another Tahoe/Suburban/Silverado if desired - all bonuses in my book.