'13 Yukon XL Denali 2wd 1/4 mile times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Sangster

Sangster

Reaction score
Yep. Well you can play with air pressure and maybe get the Air Lift Bags and put them in your springs. We use them in our trucks for towing but when I used to drag race, we used them to help launch the cars faster!

I'll have to try some idle launches then. Had just a tune then and also a bad cat that I didn't know about. Also did 2WD launches only that night. Held off from doing 4WD launches until I reinforced my tie rods with sleeves. However, it turns out they were changed and are now 5/8" thick versus the stock 1/2" thickness.
I have the airride auto level thing stock. Is that what you're talking about?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I wonder how far you can go gear ratio wise before making a noticable effect on fuel mileage. I belive my 11' awd is a 3.08. That is stifling. So a 3.42 sounds natural. But if you have to change two sets of gears, 3.73 starts sounding better and better. Maybe not good for a vehicle that goes on vacations now and then. I dunno.

3.73s is the one thing I miss most from my last girl.

Reaction score
My '01 has 3.73s and it's pretty quick to get up to speed even though the motor is only rated at 275hp.

I've found with an auto trans that it's usually best to launch from idle and let the converter flash and do its thing. At least that's what I've found out with my mustang. My other mustang has a 5 speed and slicks and I just dump the clutch at 5000 rpm and lift the front wheels a bit and go... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '01 has 3.73s and it's pretty quick to get up to speed even though the motor is only rated at 275hp.

I've found with an auto trans that it's usually best to launch from idle and let the converter flash and do its thing. At least that's what I've found out with my mustang. My other mustang has a 5 speed and slicks and I just dump the clutch at 5000 rpm and lift the front wheels a bit and go... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My Buicks were always faster with powerbraking. It was hard to hold the truck against the brakes and was concerned about consistency, being able to hold steady rpms and watch the tree. Ain't 20 years old anymore. Will try idle launches next time but also will do some in 4WD.

OP
OP
Sangster

Sangster

Reaction score
No these go inside the springs: https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/60769/

You run one in the right or one on each side with more in the right bag.

But that link specifically says "Will not fit models with factory auto-leveling option."

I'm not sure what they would do for me anyway, even if I didn't have auto-leveling. How would "stiffening" up the rear spring help me launch better when I'm not getting tire spin on launch anyway?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But that link specifically says "Will not fit models with factory auto-leveling option."

I'm not sure what they would do for me anyway, even if I didn't have auto-leveling. How would "stiffening" up the rear spring help me launch better when I'm not getting tire spin on launch anyway?

Well, I guess they are not for auto-level. Mine just has the dumb suspension, plain shocks and struts and springs. As for helping, they would allow you to launch at a higher rpm without wheelspin.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well, I guess they are not for auto-level. Mine just has the dumb suspension, plain shocks and struts and springs. As for helping, they would allow you to launch at a higher rpm without wheelspin.

Those will work with the auto leveling rear suspension. I had them on my Z55 LTZ Burb before lowering it.

I dropped it 4/6 and kept the auto leveling feature and still run a shorter version (for Nissan Armada) of these bags in the rear springs without issue.

OP
OP
Sangster

Sangster

Reaction score
Those will work with the auto leveling rear suspension. I had them on my Z55 LTZ Burb before lowering it.

I dropped it 4/6 and kept the auto leveling feature and still run a shorter version (for Nissan Armada) of these bags in the rear springs without issue.

If you have the auto-level feature, what do these bags do?