'13 Yukon XL Denali 2wd 1/4 mile times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sangster

Reaction score
So my gf and I were bored this past Friday evening so we took the Denali out to Orlando Speedworld 1/4 mile track and made some passes. I was really surprised how well this big old heavy beast did. It went 15.45@92 with a 2.3 60 ft. Ran the same thing 3 times in a row. It's bone stock except for the Airraid MIT tube. Stock paper filter. This was on 93 octane.

I was really expecting something closer to 16 seconds. Eventually I'm going to get a BB tune to turn off AFM and unleash some more of the potential. Would be cool to dip into the 14's with just a tune and the intake tube.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The magazines had the short ones with AWD at about 15-flat and 94-95 mph in 2007. I doubt those passes were made in Florida during the summer! With AWD they had the advantage of a harder launch too.

I ran my 5.3 XL last year with a best 2.52 60 ft and 16.55 @ 85 mph in the 1/4 mile at PBIR. We're going again once it cools off and the skeeters die off. You should have no problem dropping her into the 14s.

@randeez Randy regularly drag races his Denali and is a wealth of information. Ryan, do you have RPO code AXN by chance?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Tahoeyukonforum sticker is my only mod and it did 12 seconds flat at Royal Purple Raceway 102 degree weather, LMAO.

Last edited:

justinesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoeyukonforum sticker is the only mod and did 12 seconds flat at Royal Purple Raceway 102 degree weather, LMAO.
THats a world record. must be 800+ horse unless you are talking about the 1/8 mile then it sounds normal

OP
OP
Sangster

Sangster

Reaction score
The magazines had the short ones with AWD at about 15-flat and 94-95 mph in 2007. I doubt those passes were made in Florida during the summer! With AWD they had the advantage of a harder launch too.

I ran my 5.3 XL last year with a best 2.52 60 ft and 16.55 @ 85 mph in the 1/4 mile at PBIR. We're going again once it cools off and the skeeters die off. You should have no problem dropping her into the 14s.

@randeez Randy regularly drag races his Denali and is a wealth of information. Ryan, do you have RPO code AXN by chance?

Yes, AXN axle code, 3.42 gears

I cut a 2.3 60 ft every time, no tire spin, just punching it from idle.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, AXN axle code, 3.42 gears

I cut a 2.3 60 ft every time, no tire spin, just punching it from idle.

Cool, the AXN means you have the 9-1/2" semi-floating rear axle. Randy just put one in his AWD Denali and it's on my list too.

Up to a point, every tenth you can cut from your short time is double that on the other end. I was spinning too much with a 2000 rpm launch and just chirped the tires with a 1500 rpm launch. Was running 42 psi in the KO2s.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how far you can go gear ratio wise before making a noticable effect on fuel mileage. I belive my 11' awd is a 3.08. That is stifling. So a 3.42 sounds natural. But if you have to change two sets of gears, 3.73 starts sounding better and better. Maybe not good for a vehicle that goes on vacations now and then. I dunno.

OP
OP
Sangster

Sangster

Reaction score
Cool, the AXN means you have the 9-1/2" semi-floating rear axle. Randy just put one in his AWD Denali and it's on my list too.

Up to a point, every tenth you can cut from your short time is double that on the other end. I was spinning too much with a 2000 rpm launch and just chirped the tires with a 1500 rpm launch. Was running 42 psi in the KO2s.

I tried a 1500 rpm launch and it didn't like it, 2.5 60 ft, but still no tire spin. Remember, I don't have a tune on this truck, so all the torque management crap is still in play. I think once I have that, I'll be able to do better. RWD though, so i'll be fighting tire spin too.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a 1500 rpm launch and it didn't like it, 2.5 60 ft, but still no tire spin. Remember, I don't have a tune on this truck, so all the torque management crap is still in play. I think once I have that, I'll be able to do better. RWD though, so i'll be fighting tire spin too.

Yep. Well you can play with air pressure and maybe get the Air Lift Bags and put them in your springs. We use them in our trucks for towing but when I used to drag race, we used them to help launch the cars faster!

I'll have to try some idle launches then. Had just a tune then and also a bad cat that I didn't know about. Also did 2WD launches only that night. Held off from doing 4WD launches until I reinforced my tie rods with sleeves. However, it turns out they were changed and are now 5/8" thick versus the stock 1/2" thickness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989