1 year recap 2011 gmc yukon slt 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to give my truck the old 1 year recap. Welp this marks the month not the exact day but the month April. I bought my truck after taking a look online and seeing a ford expedition and this, for sale at the same dealership. The ford was A little higher mileage and older then my truck. I went to the dealership that Monday after I got off work didn't see it. So I took my yukon out for a scoot and there was purchase with just under 159k miles. So first month rolls along I put a new battery. and I'm not really liking the stock stereo so I upgraded with a denail touch screen. 2nd month into ownership kept having a service brake soon come on so I decided it most need brakes found out my back rotors pretty well toasted and upgraded them. So at this point it becomes a blur. But I'll spit out all that done. Put a new mass airflow and wiring to fix my limp mood. New back windshield wiper motor, and popper glass button. Got in an accident with her and had to drive her 2 months damaged. Generic gm heated seat kit installed and doing nothing. Then finally the hubs got taken care of this week. Oh and totally forgot AFM disabled. It's had to have quite a bit of maintenance but now with 10k miles put on her I think she'll do just fine.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the case buying these used. New owners have to catch up on all the deferred maintenance from the previous owners as well as some repairs that should have been done to get them back to top notch and then they are good for a while with little projects here and there that don't require much, if any, down time.

FasterBass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the case buying these used. New owners have to catch up on all the deferred maintenance from the previous owners as well as some repairs that should have been done to get them back to top notch and then they are good for a while with little projects here and there that don't require much, if any, down time.
Pretty much where I am now, and almost the same list of repairs. Never having owned anything larger than an X3 I have to say I am loving this truck, and gas prices are livable with e85 and the fact that it is a 3rd car.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Regarding Service Brakes soon in DIC. 07-14 has a bent tab on one of the pads that squeals on the rotor when the material is low. There’s no plug in sensor connected to the DIC.

Check this read…

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to put this here, in case someone has the same problem, and Google leads them here. I had the "Service Brakes Soon" annoyance on a 2012 Chevy Avalanche. It would only come on intermittently, usually on the highway. First try was a new Brake Booster Sensor, which did not do the trick. I tracked it down to being a leaking O-ring between the Master Cylinder and Brake Booster. You can fix this in about 15 minutes. Remove the Master cylinder from Brake Booster by taking off two 15mm Nuts. Remove old O-Ring, and replace with new O-Ring. I used a slightly thicker O-Ring just trying to get a better seal. That cured the "Service Brakes Soon" for good. Brakes felt better under foot also. Hope this helps someone, it's a tough one to track down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal