1" or 1.5" Front Level 2017 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out carbonshocks.com

They have shocks, 2.5 remote reservoir fronts and rears.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the fronts

Attachments

• IMG_4716.jpeg
    IMG_4716.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 3

gtrslngrchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sway-A-Way makes a really nice heavy duty set. I have their 2.5 front shocks on my 2500HD and it was pretty transformative. I am surprised Fox referred you back to the dealer but I am glad Summit is helping. If it were me I would do what I could to get those shocks rebuilt and move on because sometimes seals and o-rings fail and I've used so many Fox products between my mountain biking and other vehicles and they are one of my favorite brands.

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn! Leaking shocks so quickly?!
I would suggest sending to Fox's service dept. You can contact them directly and they will walk you through getting your Fox shocks fixed up.
However, I do understand the problem that this is the daily driver. I do think that the Bilstein setup you mentioned would work just fine, but thought you just got new rear shocks?
Do you happen to have the old OE shocks laying around? If so, you could throw one of those on to get around while the Fox is being worked on. I know, not ideal, but possible...
You could also look at Rough Country's loaded coilover setup. Those are not too expensive and would keep you on the road while the Fox shocks are serviced.

FYI - for all the effort and time and planning it takes when your daily goes down like this; I personally just bought new Fox shocks when my 2.0s started to leak. So now I have 2x pair of my Fox shocks, so I can have one serviced and then when a problem arises, its an easy swap to the new ones. No down time on the rig, just a part swap. Then send the messed up pair to Fox for servicing and they come back pretty much brand new. It's around $150/shock for the servicing. I think a new coil, if one is needed, is an additional $200-250 on top of the servicing fee.

I did have those rear Bilstein shocks for a time, they did just fine.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn! Leaking shocks so quickly?!
I would suggest sending to Fox's service dept. You can contact them directly and they will walk you through getting your Fox shocks fixed up.
However, I do understand the problem that this is the daily driver. I do think that the Bilstein setup you mentioned would work just fine, but thought you just got new rear shocks?
Do you happen to have the old OE shocks laying around? If so, you could throw one of those on to get around while the Fox is being worked on. I know, not ideal, but possible...
You could also look at Rough Country's loaded coilover setup. Those are not too expensive and would keep you on the road while the Fox shocks are serviced.

FYI - for all the effort and time and planning it takes when your daily goes down like this; I personally just bought new Fox shocks when my 2.0s started to leak. So now I have 2x pair of my Fox shocks, so I can have one serviced and then when a problem arises, its an easy swap to the new ones. No down time on the rig, just a part swap. Then send the messed up pair to Fox for servicing and they come back pretty much brand new. It's around $150/shock for the servicing. I think a new coil, if one is needed, is an additional $200-250 on top of the servicing fee.

I did have those rear Bilstein shocks for a time, they did just fine.
I am probably going with the carbonshocks.com that @Fifty posted above.
I will send the fox back to fox for service and dump them of the book of faces. I believe quality shocks should last. Put Bilsteins on my '95 Wrangler 15 years ago and they don't leak. Fox should probably stick with motor cycles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz