09 yukon fuel pump fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BKB73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, need some help
Parked my 09 Denali for a couple weeks. Tried to start and cranks but no fire. Trouble shooting, I found the fuel pump fuse was blown. Replaced it and still wouldn't start...didn't blow the new fuse either. There is a spot in the under hood fuse box for a relay, but isnt one there. Anyone know common causes of fp fuse blowing? Hoping it's not the pump, truck is in rough shape and not worth putting a lot of money into.
Any suggestions of what to check next would be greatly appreciated!!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I look at a 2010 fusebox, it looks like the fuse for the fuel system control module is in position 21, to the right of the fuel pump fuse. Not sure if yours is the same. Have you checked that one? Also, it would be good to probe both sides of the fuses to verify voltage through them.

Do you know if you have fuel pressure?

2010-Chevrolet-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-fuse-diagram-underhood.jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You said "cranks but no fire". Are you saying no spark or you did not check that? You need to check for spark and get a fuel pressure reading.

OP
OP
B

BKB73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I look at a 2010 fusebox, it looks like the fuse for the fuel system control module is in position 21, to the right of the fuel pump fuse. Not sure if yours is the same. Have you checked that one? Also, it would be good to probe both sides of the fuses to verify voltage through them.

Do you know if you have fuel pressure?

View attachment 237376
I think mine is the same, just didn't recognize the abbreviation for the control..will check today and get back...thanks you!!!

OP
OP
B

BKB73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You said "cranks but no fire". Are you saying no spark or you did not check that? You need to check for spark and get a fuel pressure reading.
There is spark, pretty sure it's a fuel problem. Just wanted to cover all bases before I tried replacing the pump. I'll need to buy a couple tools before I can check fuel pressure...unless there's a simple way to verify fuel is flowing?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is spark, pretty sure it's a fuel problem. Just wanted to cover all bases before I tried replacing the pump. I'll need to buy a couple tools before I can check fuel pressure...unless there's a simple way to verify fuel is flowing?
$30-$40 will get you a pressure test kit at harbor freight or auto part store.

Presence of fuel and proper pressure are two different things. Need to know fuel pressure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You can rent a fuel pressure gauge from Advance Auto or another retailer with a refundable deposit. On the NBS -- your NNBS may be different -- there is a schrader valve on the passenger fuel rail, and that can be used to connect the pressure gauge.

Without the gauge, find the schrader valve, cover it with a rag, and depress the valve. If there's no flow or it just dribbles out, there is no pressure. If it has pressure, it will spray (hence the rag).

Schrader valve on 2011 Sierra shown at about 2:00 in this video:

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BKB73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can rent a fuel pressure gauge from Advance Auto or another retailer with a refundable deposit. On the NBS -- your NNBS may be different -- there is a schrader valve on the passenger fuel rail, and that can be used to connect the pressure gauge.

Without the gauge, find the schrader valve, cover it with a rag, and depress the valve. If there's no flow or it just dribbles out, there is no pressure. If it has pressure, it will spray (hence the rag).
Thanks! I know my way around the 80s 90s trucks pretty well...but not so much on the new stuff...will try it today ...really appreciate your replys! Posted this question on the fullsizegm forum for weeks and never got a reply

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! I know my way around the 80s 90s trucks pretty well...but not so much on the new stuff...will try it today ...really appreciate your replys! Posted this question on the fullsizegm forum for weeks and never got a reply

I edited the last message I posted with a video of the valve location.

OP
OP
B

BKB73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Schrader valve on 2011 Sierra shown at about 2:00 in this video:

Appreciate it! Going back at it this afternoon, will report what I find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan