09 Tahoe way positive camber after lowered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have no idea what could possibly be my issue but I have an 09 tahoe that I'm lowering 4/6. Belltech drop struts and 2511 drop spindles in the front. I have the Belltech camber kit installed with the offset hole in the bushing pointed away from the ball joint like it is supposed to be because I was expecting a lot of negative camber. Well not even close to the case apparently. I actually have my cams maxxed all the way in towards the frame and not out where I clearance the slot holes. And with a full load on the truck I still have about 4 degrees of positive camber. I don't get it it didn't make any sense. All my control arm bushings in the lower a arm are in good condition also. Anyone have any idea what the hell the problem is or have seen this before?20210501_232402.jpg 20210501_232409.jpg 20210501_232417.jpg 20210501_232423.jpg 20210501_232427.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Four degrees is quite excessive. Is that with both sides resting at ride height? Clean off that rust where you have the gauge stuck to. I'd also check the accuracy of the gauge. Spindles don't affect the geometry like that, so you can disregard that drop and only need to correct for the 2" drop you got from the struts. Offset bushings aren't needed for just a 2" drop. I used only the Belltech cams and I still have adjustment left with 1.75" of drop from the struts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JimmyM09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm doing a 4" drop in the front total. 2 with the struts and 2 with the spindle. But yeh it is definitely way excessive and I've never even heard of someone lowering a truck and having to much positive camber, usually it's the reverse. I could take the bushings out and put the offset hole towards the ball joint for a few degrees but that doesn't make any sense sense they are supposed to be the way I have them in there now with the hole towards the frame.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
What Chris was saying is that the spindles don't affect the camber at all so the 2" of drop you get from them doesn't need to be accounted for, only the 2" of drop from the struts.

My 4/6 dropped Burb only needed the Belltech camber plates to align perfectly to factory specs. That was spindles/struts up front just like yours.

Ditch the offset bushings and keep the camber plates.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ah, why are you trying to measure alignment spec without everything together and on all 4 wheels?

When an alignment is done, its all 4 wheels on the ground.

I guess I'm missing something here

OP
OP
J

JimmyM09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the whole weight of the front of the truck on that jack under the lower control arm so I could check it with a load like it would be on the ground.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could try moving offset bushings to a better position, would give you more caster range.

OP
OP
J

JimmyM09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeh I went out and bought new upper control arms today with a regular setup bushing and now I'm all good it seems. Got it .5 positive on one side and just a little bit more on the other. To far on the other side but definitely good enough to let the alignment shop get it now. I was worried before I wound wind up paying them and it wouldn't be right and maxxed out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne