09 Tahoe LTZ Trailer Brake Relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drew10483

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I get the the service trailer brake system notification on my dashboard. I bought the relay control. Where is this located? I dropped the spare tire but can't find this rascal anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.52.15 PM.png

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So I get the the service trailer brake system notification on my dashboard. I bought the relay control. Where is this located? I dropped the spare tire but can't find this rascal anywhere. What am I doing wrong?

View attachment 207632

I replied to your PM but thought I would post a pic in here.

It should be either on the drivers side frame rail or directly above the spare tire towards the drivers side.

This pic is of the relay on a Silverado but should be similar if not identical on the Tahoe...
rps20180920_003410_733.jpg
You can see the spare tire hoist on the far right of the pic... left side of pic would be toward drivers side frame rail.

Hope this helps.

Are you having "service trailer brake" messages pop up on DIC???

leprekhan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is not located there on Tahoes. I am trying to find the location myself. I dropped my spare and looked under there for an hour...nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14