09 LTZ question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been away from the forums a while and have a new Tahoe to lift. My 04 had torsion keys, Ive read they NNBS do not, and you can acheive front/rear lift with coil spring spacers. There are tons of kits, mostly aluminum spacers. They go up to 3", and can be had for 129+.

For those of you who have gone this route:
Pros/Consm
Ride quality?
Would you do it again?

Just want some feedback before I spend the $$

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's also a spacer that goes under the front shocks for a 2" level and Rough Country also makes new strut assemblies that lift the front without the need for the spacers.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been away from the forums a while and have a new Tahoe to lift. My 04 had torsion keys, Ive read they NNBS do not, and you can acheive front/rear lift with coil spring spacers. There are tons of kits, mostly aluminum spacers. They go up to 3", and can be had for 129+.

For those of you who have gone this route:
Pros/Consm
Ride quality?
Would you do it again?

Just want some feedback before I spend the $$

I lifted mine 2" in the front with billet aluminum strut spacers I got off Amazon (THIS KIT) and lifted the rear 1" with some used Belltech coil spacers I got with some other used suspension parts I bought. I have no complaints. I don't see why some pay $100+ for front strut spacers when they all accomplish the exact same thing. I would've went the same route and bought the cheapest 1" rear coil spacers I could find if I didn't already have the Belltechs. They all installed very quickly and ride quality was not altered in any way. I did mine while I had the wheels off for a rotation. I also installed some 1.5" hubcentric wheel spacers (THESE) at the same time. Again- no complaints. The feel of the steering changed a little but that's to be expected when you increase the scrub radius of a vehicle. I got used to it very quickly.

In the rear, I wouldn't go any more than MAYBE 2" without getting longer shocks.

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lifted mine 2" in the front with billet aluminum strut spacers I got off Amazon (THIS KIT) and lifted the rear 1" with some used Belltech coil spacers I got with some other used suspension parts I bought. I have no complaints. I don't see why some pay $100+ for front strut spacers when they all accomplish the exact same thing. I would've went the same route and bought the cheapest 1" rear coil spacers I could find if I didn't already have the Belltechs. They all installed very quickly and ride quality was not altered in any way. I did mine while I had the wheels off for a rotation. I also installed some 1.5" hubcentric wheel spacers (THESE) at the same time. Again- no complaints. The feel of the steering changed a little but that's to be expected when you increase the scrub radius of a vehicle. I got used to it very quickly.

In the rear, I wouldn't go any more than MAYBE 2" without getting longer shocks.

Can you post up some pics please??
Trying to see how they look with that small of lift.

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
I recently put on a CCM 2.5 inch front 1 inch rear level and added Bilstein 5100 shocks. Rides great, better than stock I think. No regrets. Its as high as I wanted. Still practical and looks much better.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post up some pics please??
Trying to see how they look with that small of lift.

I'll post what I have. You can refer to my sig pic to compare stock-versus-lifted.

This is right after I lifted it. It actually sits more level than this, the rear springs probably needed to settle a bit since they were unloaded for a little while:

IMG_4234.JPG

After washing it, rear settling and with new all-season tires. Oh, and after a little PDR on that front fender arch:

Backup 6-15-18 640.JPG

While parked at the store:

Backup 6-15-18 686.JPG

Again, I have 1.5" wheel spacers that help to improve the "effect", but may skew your wheel-to-body perception. So, keep that in mind. Also, my Auto-leveling system is inoperable, so that's not a factor.

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new coilovers are unnecessary up front. Spacers work just fine. The ones that go on the top can get you up to about 3.5 inches, but are harder to install. bottom spacers cap at about 2 inches, but should be easy to install. I did upper spacers and have been happy with it. Over 2.5 to 3 inches seems to stress the components. watch out for the material spacers are made of, some are nylon/plastic. I've never heard anything bad about these, but it just seems wrong to have 3000 lbs sitting on plastic parts.

Also, ride quality didn't seem to change much.

OP
OP
TxDrewski

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll post what I have. You can refer to my sig pic to compare stock-versus-lifted.

This is right after I lifted it. It actually sits more level than this, the rear springs probably needed to settle a bit since they were unloaded for a little while:

View attachment 202459

After washing it, rear settling and with new all-season tires. Oh, and after a little PDR on that front fender arch:

View attachment 202460

While parked at the store:

View attachment 202461

Again, I have 1.5" wheel spacers that help to improve the "effect", but may skew your wheel-to-body perception. So, keep that in mind. Also, my Auto-leveling system is inoperable, so that's not a factor.
Did you disable the autoride? That's my only concern with my rig.

jlee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
09 LTZ here also. I have a working autoride which was sitting about 2.5 in higher in rear. I added 2 in lift in front from rough country and now I'm about 3/4 in lower in front per the wheel wells, but it looks perfect if you ask me. I left the autoride sensors where they were and used my tech 2 clone to do the alc trimset to zero out the dampening. The ride is smooth with my 285/55r20 bfg ko2's at 40 psi, I may even go up on pressure a little more. I get a little more road noise compared to my old duelers, but it's not bad at all considering how aggressive the tires are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts