08 Tahoe ltz afm or fuel pump issues???!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obiwanjacobi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello I picked up my Tahoe awhile back and had all kinds of issues. Replaced the ecm and wiring harness now all is well except when it switches from v8 to v4 mode it shakes and misfires pretty bad until the check engine comes on and flashes. The check engine will turn off after 15-30 seconds and it will just stay in v8 mode and seems to be fine. I still am getting a random misfire code along with codes p0171,p069e(fuel pump control module),p1175. It has also been stalling a lot lately but will always fire right back up. It seems like it mainly does it when coasting or slowing down and when it’s surging between v8 and v4 mode until it just stays in v8 mode then it won’t stall. I wish I could just disable it somehow but every time I restart it the process repeats until the check engine is tripped. Can this be a fuel pump issue or is it the afm manifold that’s bad? I am at a loss here and have already spent a bunch of $$$ trying to get this thing perfect it’s a great vehicle just is super annoying and frustrating that it keeps stalling and misfiring...

Kraig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have fuel and AFM problems.
You can disable AFM with a range device, tune, or by physically removing the AFM components, which then requires a tune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n