08 Tahoe Left High Beam /Left reverse light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnMartyH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe, Z 71 with 265,000 miles. My left highbeam light and left reverse light have stopped working despite new bulbs. I also have intermittent functioning of the seat heaters and my high beam lights will only turn on when pushing the left controller forward towards the dash. Pulling towards the steering wheel does not activate the lights.

Confusing picture from an electrical standpoint and wondering if anyone has feedback. I Drive rideshare, and as of now it’s not passing inspection to continue so it’s a pressing issue.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe, Z 71 with 265,000 miles. My left highbeam light and left reverse light have stopped working despite new bulbs. I also have intermittent functioning of the seat heaters and my high beam lights will only turn on when pushing the left controller forward towards the dash. Pulling towards the steering wheel does not activate the lights.

Confusing picture from an electrical standpoint and wondering if anyone has feedback. I Drive rideshare, and as of now it’s not passing inspection to continue so it’s a pressing issue.
Let’s start off with that the only thing connecting these issues is the body control module start with ground 203 in your A pillar from your BCM after making sure your reverse light fuse isn’t blown then if the fuse doesn’t fix it if it just blows again then you’re shorting the bulb to ground causing the issue and blowing the fuse that’d be a fun one, I’m assuming you have a junkyard near you check the relay assuming nothing else works you can also bridge the pins for the bulb to determine if it’s the relay but if you plug the wrong hole together you’ll let the smoke out so just change the relay if it’s suspect : edited heavily

Last edited:

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a worst case scenario assuming no junk light sockets you may be in for a body control module or rewire but considering both are out it’s most likely the relay or fuse if it was the body control module they’d all be tripping out and so would your dash most likely the dash starts tripping out when the bcm takes a ******

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Change fuse number 32 under your hood your high beam will probably work after.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Says 2008 sierra but the fuse numbers and locations are identical replace every fuse relating to your bulb issues and if they persist move onto relays and ground #203 if that fails it’s mechanics shop time. the warning on the bottom of the page depends on factory options but if you don’t have the factory options the fuse/relay simply won’t be there. However it’s detailed enough to guide you with a $5 pack of harbor freight mini ATC fuses to most likely fixing your bulb issues at least to pass inspection and fix a possible short to ground issue or BCM issue later.

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Circuit breaker 3 CB3 , bad seat heater/connector or bad switch can cause the issue with said seat heater

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

John, this could be a sign of a failing battery. Check the ground wires under the dash and hood after checking on the battery. She might have a bad BCM but you'll want to put a Tech-2 type scan tool on it for diagnosis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts