2012 Tahoe (PPV) "Flash to Pass" / High beam stalk pull - Not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadKarma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

So, my new to me 2012 Tahoe PPV does not enable the high beams when I pull the left stalk back. In the Owner's Manual, it's referred to as "Flash to Pass". To be clear, everything else works fine. low beams, high beams (when the stalk is pushed forward), indicator lights, reverse lights, etc.

This situation was also present before I upgraded all interior and exterior bulbs to LED.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Was it like that from when you got it? If so, the upfitters who put in all the fun stuff like the wig-wag head lights might have disabled the high beams so the circuit on the high beams was dedicated to the wig-wags. All of the upfitters do their thing a bit differently depending on what they're installing and what the agency wants. There may be a wire cut in the harness, probably along the steering column. I recently had a problem where my low beams went out but the high beams were on constantly. I had to pull the connector from the bulbs to stop it. Turns out it was the round head light selector knob to the left of the steering wheel ( I had already replaced the blinker switch).

OP
OP
B

BadKarma

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@iLikeEggs Thank you! I didn't think of that. This gives me something to go on now. It's not the end of the world, I simply want everything to work properly.

Cheers,

Mike

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
@iLikeEggs Thank you! I didn't think of that. This gives me something to go on now. It's not the end of the world, I simply want everything to work properly.

Cheers,

Mike
It's all part of the joy we get for the great deals we got on these magnificent beasts, lol. Initially there will be many quirks you encounter but once you iron them out they're just as sweet a ride as any other Tahoe. Many have went before you and I on this forum and the knowledge base is amazing. Don't hesitate to ask questions and be sure to post pics!

Reaction score
It's all part of the joy we get for the great deals we got on these magnificent beasts, lol. Initially there will be many quirks you encounter but once you iron them out they're just as sweet a ride as any other Tahoe. Many have went before you and I on this forum and the knowledge base is amazing. Don't hesitate to ask questions and be sure to post pics!
Whats the best way to get one of these Tahoes? I've found several recently that look like CBP rigs at a used dealership. I assume they got them at auction. When CBP and BLM auction off the SSV Tahoes are they done state by state? Which national auction system is the best? Thanks

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Likely it’s just a bad column switch.

Typically they cut the wig-wag stuff into the harness between the power distribution box (driver side under hood) and the lights. In which case the headlights have no high beam at all.

Since yours work in one switch position and not the other seems like a switch problem.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Whats the best way to get one of these Tahoes? I've found several recently that look like CBP rigs at a used dealership. I assume they got them at auction. When CBP and BLM auction off the SSV Tahoes are they done state by state? Which national auction system is the best? Thanks
I got mine through govdeals.com. Do a zipcode search. If there's nothing available locally, expand your search. Be patient though as auctions change daily. Also check out copart.com. (Edit: copart can be a bit of a salvage mission but sometimes you can find a gem.)

Last edited: