08 Tahoe help!! Cylinder #1 misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isaiah13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Tahoe with 157k miles on it. The engine light came on, I had it scanned and it showed cylinder #1 misfire. I just replaced all the plugs and wires about 2 months ago, so I thought maybe it was the coil, I took the coil off cylinder #1 and swapped it with #3 coil to see if the actual coil was bad. The engine light went off and was fine until I drove home from work today and it came back on. Scanned it and reads cylinder miss fire #1, so it’s not
The coil I don’t think.
The Tahoe is running good other than a slight miss when idling but nothing real noticeable and the rpm hand is bouncing up and down slightly at idle. I haven’t tired replacing the injector yet, and I haven’t done a compression test on #1 cylinder yet. I know it could be multiple things like a stuck lifter and what not . I was just wondering if anyone has
had this problem and could point me in the right direction. Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Start with a compression and compare #1 and #3. Check for vacuum leaks. You said you replaced plugs and wires, did you pull the plug to inspect? Did you check to be sure the plug wire is "snapped on" correctly?

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Isaiah13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven’t pulled the plug to inspect it yet, the plug wire is snapped on correctly. I’m going to start checking everything over really well tomorrow. Hoping for a simple fix.

easymoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Tahoe with 157k miles on it. The engine light came on, I had it scanned and it showed cylinder #1 misfire. I just replaced all the plugs and wires about 2 months ago, so I thought maybe it was the coil, I took the coil off cylinder #1 and swapped it with #3 coil to see if the actual coil was bad. The engine light went off and was fine until I drove home from work today and it came back on. Scanned it and reads cylinder miss fire #1, so it’s not
The coil I don’t think.
The Tahoe is running good other than a slight miss when idling but nothing real noticeable and the rpm hand is bouncing up and down slightly at idle. I haven’t tired replacing the injector yet, and I haven’t done a compression test on #1 cylinder yet. I know it could be multiple things like a stuck lifter and what not . I was just wondering if anyone has
I would replace that plug to start with. Its cheap. Just because you put a new plug in there doesnt mean its not defective. If you have the old wire maybe put that wire back on at some point if you continue to have issues

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had the same thing on my PPV. I swapped the 1 and 3 coils and still had the misfire on number 1. So i swapped the plugs and wires on 1 and 3 and the misfire moved to number 3. I went ahead and replaced all the plugs and wires and cured the misfire until I totaled the PPV.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The coil I don’t think.
Take one of your wires and exchange # 1 plug wire

OP
OP
I

Isaiah13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate it, I will try to swapping the plug and plug wire and see if misfire follows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt