08 Tahoe clock adding an hour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@TanklessPro, if there is a way to check or set the date, look for that. Not sure if it would be automatic but, if not, it could have reverted to the wrong date (and year), like some time during DST.

OP
OP
TanklessPro

TanklessPro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@TanklessPro, if there is a way to check or set the date, look for that. Not sure if it would be automatic but, if not, it could have reverted to the wrong date (and year), like some time during DST.
No date option. I went through the compass and nav settings and everything was fine.

mt.davis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 Yukon SLT w/ nav did this as well. I was able to update the time but as soon as I turned the car off then back on, the time would revert to the original time. I learned to live with the clock being wrong for a portion of each year!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well you would probably have to ask the dealer that's where I would start and it's probably not going to be free unless you have some kind of warranty covering it, otherwise find out your specific radio/nav part number and start looking around online, there may be cheaper options, personally that was the first thing I yanked from my truck, out of date pos.....

DaveB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have this same issue... GPS Coverage area screen on the nav says that the truck is in CST land, but we are really out here in California, which makes the time 2 hours off. Tried disconnecting GPS antenna, re-start, stop, re-connect as suggested elsewhere but no luck. Tried the hidden Nav screen to manually set the time to proper, but within a few minutes it reverts to 2 hours off. Open to other suggestions. For real. Thanks...

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is kind of curious. I recently - within the past 3 weeks - installed a Kenwood aftermarket radio in my Hoe, and just the other day noticed that the time was about 20 min fast. I know I set it correctly when I installed it (****, OCD, whatever), so I went ahead and reset it. It went immediately back to the wrong time. Digging through the menus I was able to turn off the "automatic time sync" and then was able to set and keep the correct time. Some of that automatic stuff is just wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645