08 Tahoe alignment question! Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Isaiah13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 08 Tahoe 4x4, that I just replaced the upper control arms, tie rod ends and inner tie rods, lower ball joints and new struts, I know its going to need aligned, but I drove it down the road just to make sure everything was okay and the steering wheel is cocked to the right and when you barley turn it to the left the tire is squealing likes it out of align that bad. The steering is good and tight but it’s all over the road. I was just wondering if the alignment would fix it and that I didn’t mess something up when I changed all of it. Any advice?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Alignment will fix all of that.

With a few simple tools it’s possible to do a fairly precise alignment in your garage or driveway, but since you’re headed to the alignment shop anyway, I wouldn’t bother with adjusting it at home.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Bill, a proper alignment will straighten it out.

With things out of whack, take it really easy on your way to get it aligned, things can get really squirrelly when it is well out of align.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Proper alignment is needed. The toe has to be way off. Let it go and buy new tires real soon. Anytime you touch any steering or suspension parts and replace, do the damn alignment! C'mon man!

OP
OP
I

Isaiah13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay thanks! I am getting it aligned first thing this morning, i figured it was just way out of align

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Proper alignment is needed. The toe has to be way off. Let it go and buy new tires real soon. Anytime you touch any steering or suspension parts and replace, do the damn alignment! C'mon man!
This guy Corn Pop once tried to rip me off and not align my car and I had to tell him I went to college and was first in my class in alignment school... ;)