08 Tahoe 3rd Row Seat Carpet Plastic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twentyfour

Reaction score
I'm replacing my carpet and I have the 3rd row bucket seats with the cup holder in the middle that roll into place. The plastic glued to the carpet to cover the rails where the wheels go are trashed and I want to find some replacements but I can't find them anywhere and don't know what they're called or the part number.

Tried to find a thread on there that has it but they're all about 3rd row conversions or deletions.

Thanks in advance!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Not sure if it matters if you have the base model or XL. Someone may know. The plastic on the carpet is actually bonded and melted into small holes in the carpet. To remove them the plastic has to be cut or sawed out.

I recently found a NOS carpet for the cargo area of my truck and have a 3 pc plastic trim set in tan if you’re interested.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and you will find pictorial schematics that will help you identify the part numbers for those plastic items.

OP
OP
T

twentyfour

Reaction score
Not sure if it matters if you have the base model or XL. Someone may know. The plastic on the carpet is actually bonded and melted into small holes in the carpet. To remove them the plastic has to be cut or sawed out.

I recently found a NOS carpet for the cargo area of my truck and have a 3 pc plastic trim set in tan if you’re interested.
I have the base model. Im planning on replacing the carpet so Im going to rip it all out anyway. How much are you asking and do you have any pictures so I can compare or the part numbers off of the back side?
You can go to GMPartsDirect.com, enter your VIN, and you will find pictorial schematics that will help you identify the part numbers for those plastic items.
Thank you! I will check it out.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The plastic pieces don’t have part numbers, at least on the one’s I’ve purchased, individually, off eBay as well as the ones embedded in the OEM, new old stock rear carpet I got.

Here’s the new carpet on the backside showing how the manufacturer melts the PVC into the carpet to bond it.

7C158C87-3181-467B-A023-F05B15A63CCB.jpeg

Here’s pieces purchased off eBay that’ve been cut out the carpet with a knife or saw blade. My bet is these plastic slides can’t be purchased from GM parts.

96B62C36-1793-4009-A2C7-14F4A159890F.jpeg

I just realized that if I would of purchased an aftermarket replacement carpet kit I would of had to remove these out of the existing carpet and graft / glue them into the uncut, aftermarket rug.

Anyway, if you need the tan pieces I’m not going to use, $50 + the cheapest post and they’re yours. That’ll bring me flush for what I’m into them.

By the way, is this the style of 3rd row seats you’re installing? I love these things.

The only thing you’d have to be sure on to install these in a Tahoe is ensure from the peeps on the forum that the 3d row seats and plastic sliders are not specific to the XL chassis. If not, you’re golden and you’re third row passengers are styl’n.

4BFF34B1-F079-401D-9C46-87355F82DCFC.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1