08 supercharged denali, what headers and y pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running a tvs1900 08 denali, stock manifold and y with borla cat back. I just threw a code for one of my cats and i would rather get headers and a new y pipe rather than a stock replacement cat. Any thoughts? i dont want to spend a ton of money are the cheaper LTs anygood? $500 range. any opinions would be fantastic im sick of check engine lights. F U check engine lights. And yes i will re-pulley and tune after.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big button, myself along with a friend, a handfull of others on this site, hundreds on performancetrucks and many more.

On my 4x4 truck I had to slightly flatten the top of the crossover below my front driveshaft.
Well, I actually made the pipe oval didn't really dent it and it cleared my DS.
My buddies 08 they had perfect fitment, no massaging needed at all.

Just be sure to get the stepped 3" stainless band clamps. Don't try and use the clamps that come with them.

I have what I call a lot of valve noise due to the thinner stainless primary's vs oem manifolds. But my buddies 08 is quiet.
But I'm picky about such things, so they will be ceramic coated and wrapped to quiet the valve noise down.

The welds are fantastic, the flange is decently thick, the collectors are ok, could be improved but they make power and work.
For the price, you can't beat them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MonoAnt

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now I'm wondering what size primaries 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? i would want to go with bigger because of the charger right? also what y pipe did you use? will the speed y work on denali and bolt to my catback

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

any other thoughts on headers and y, Lookin to bolt up to existing cutback

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On shiet, duh. I completely skipped over you saying you have a denali.

No the speed eng y pipe will not work. You will need to have one made, have yours modified to work with the LT's or get a single pipe cat back exhaust.
Any Tahoe/yukon cat back in your year range will work.
MBRP has a big 3.5" stainless piped catback for aprox 400$, it sounds great and has no drone.

As far as the primary's, with a FI setup, bigger is always better. Go for the 1 7/8's if they are in your budget. If not the 1 3/4's will work but you won't gain the aprox 20 more HP that the bigger primarys will give.
Given that your limited to pulleys to up your boost level, I would try to get as much HP/TQ as possible from any mod.

If you decide to mod your current pipes and still want a catback and want a duel setup. There is a duel exit, single duel in/ duel out with pipe in the muffler setup floating around.
I will try and find the link for ya, just for ***** n giggles.

Now that you confirmed 6.2, definatly stay with the 1 7/8" primarys and largest catback piping you can find, that big beech needs to breath easily

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Stay away from the 1 7/8 headers for now until they get their problem fixed.
Read last page here about the collector issue. Page 13.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-headers-1999-14-now-available-532064/page13/

Last edited:
OP
OP
MonoAnt

MonoAnt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im running the factory y pipe to a borla catback right now. Not duals. Nor do i want to run duals.

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

I dont want to throw out my $1200 borla system yet

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck is at american racing now.

Being a 2500 suburban it has no y-pipe but dual inlet muffler and a single out. They didn't have anything on the parts rack for the dual inlet in the 07-14 body style so I'm the test fit guinea pig.

Its kind of ironic because back in 07 I was supposed to drop it off to be the design dummy, but was having too much fun with the newly installed paxton blower kit (also used as a design pig for that) to leave it there, and eventually lost interest until I got a collector leak and decided if the manifolds are coming off headers are going on.

They're not cheap headers, but having had them and kooks on my vettes I'm a lifelong customer, kinda helps that I live 45 minutes away and know the sales guys and Nick the owner for about 8 years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88

Latest posts