'07 Yukon XL Denali Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2007 Yukon XL Denali I have ~175k miles on it and the shocks have never been changed. It does not ride bad, I just figured it might be time to buy and install a new set. It has the electronic monitor on the suspension, I am not sure what to buy?

I don't want to break the bank here, just want to put new shocks on it for the OEM ride that it had when new.

Suggestions on how to figure out what I need based on any option codes I will need to look up?

Here is a list with the suspension RPO codes:

1685216205331.png

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your GM OE front struts are 19420493.
Your GM OE front coil springs are 15815635.

Your GM OE rear shocks are 19368463/580-1095.
Your GM OE rear coil springs are 25783732.

Replace all of the other parts that make up the strut assembly, the mount, boots, jounce bumpers, seats, etc.

If you cut corners, it will not ride the same as when new. Oh, check and see if the rear air compressor is new or not. It should have been replaced at least once by now.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably won't find new OEM springs for the front struts, as GM discontinued manufacturing them. I used a compatible Moog spring, and they work great.

As @swathdiver states, in our opinions the OEM suspension for this truck is the best. In full transparency, other folks in the Forum disagree.

Arnott makes compatible replacement struts/shocks for this truck with a great warranty, and folks have experienced great results with this product.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the difference between RPO Z55 & Z95 suspension?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Z55 suspension (Electronic/Autoide) controls the shock's stiffness by electrically changing the size of the orifice in the valve that regulates the shock's fluid flow rate. Response rate: 20ms.

Z95 suspension (MagneRide) controls the shock's stiffness by electrically changing the viscosity of the shock's fluid. Response rate: 4ms.

OP
OP
BSarteSr

BSarteSr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z55 suspension (Electronic/Autoide) controls the shock's stiffness by electrically changing the size of the orifice in the valve that regulates the shock's fluid flow rate. Response rate: 20ms.

Z95 suspension (MagneRide) controls the shock's stiffness by electrically changing the viscosity of the shock's fluid. Response rate: 4ms.
Thanks.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably won't find new OEM springs for the front struts, as GM discontinued manufacturing them. I used a compatible Moog spring, and they work great.

As @swathdiver states, in our opinions the OEM suspension for this truck is the best. In full transparency, other folks in the Forum disagree.

Arnott makes compatible replacement struts/shocks for this truck with a great warranty, and folks have experienced great results with this product.
+1. In my opinion, the factory ride setup is unbeatable on these unless you're looking for a significant lift/drop.

Also, I have 233K on the original front shocks on my '07 XL Denali and they're still working great, with no leaks. If it ain't broke...

breds2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks, doing some follow up here as honestly it gets a bit confusing depending on what/where you ask. I have a 07 Escalade i picked up last year. Front struts have been replaced with cheap quick struts that are blown and already have resistors on them. Rear air ride is leaking and the compressor runs once every 25 minutes which is getting annoying and it squats over night. So my goal is to get a belltech 2/4 kit, but i really need to replace everything first.

Id want belltech or bilstein struts in the front but without direction cant figure out parts number as there seems to be at least 3-4 different kinds for both, assuming the quick struts are junk, i think i need to play it safe and get all new components such as the spring seat, front coil spring itself (do not want one that sits higher as currently its maybe 1" over stock) top perch, bearing and whatever else. SO without piecing that through rock auto which actually gets rather expensive what should i do?

And for the rear, i dont tow so i assume i would just match the fronts with belltech or bilstein. Can anyone give me some incite on the best course of action keeping in mind this is a truck i bought last year for around $10k, want to keep it for years but keep in mind its a budget truck. Thanks for the help - Bob. Oh and its 2WD btw.

Attachments

• 301219836_10166831274725088_5785077164721158380_n.jpg
    301219836_10166831274725088_5785077164721158380_n.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 5

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, doing some follow up here as honestly it gets a bit confusing depending on what/where you ask. I have a 07 Escalade i picked up last year. Front struts have been replaced with cheap quick struts that are blown and already have resistors on them. Rear air ride is leaking and the compressor runs once every 25 minutes which is getting annoying and it squats over night. So my goal is to get a belltech 2/4 kit, but i really need to replace everything first.

Id want belltech or bilstein struts in the front but without direction cant figure out parts number as there seems to be at least 3-4 different kinds for both, assuming the quick struts are junk, i think i need to play it safe and get all new components such as the spring seat, front coil spring itself (do not want one that sits higher as currently its maybe 1" over stock) top perch, bearing and whatever else. SO without piecing that through rock auto which actually gets rather expensive what should i do?

And for the rear, i dont tow so i assume i would just match the fronts with belltech or bilstein. Can anyone give me some incite on the best course of action keeping in mind this is a truck i bought last year for around $10k, want to keep it for years but keep in mind its a budget truck. Thanks for the help - Bob. Oh and its 2WD btw.
Use Arnott air shocks from Rock Auto for rear.

breds2k

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Use Arnott air shocks from Rock Auto for rear.
Why not replace with gas shocks if i dont care about auto level for towing? wouldnt ride worse would it? and would just eliminate the rear compressor and have less to fail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons