07 Yukon SLT: want to lower and still tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently traded my 06 Sierra for an 07 Yukon SLT. It currently has factory 22" wheels with 285/45R22 sized tires and also want to put factory 17" wheels for winter. I am not sure about whether it has air shocks or auto leveling but is an SLT so i am guessing that should tell what it would have.

I am wanting to lower the Yukon while still retaining towing capability. I tow a 24' boat with a tandem axle trailer (not sure of weight) and occasionally tow a car trailer and usually have 4 - 6 people plus whatever we take with. I would like a bolt on bag kit but just cant seem to part with the cost (have only found the Kelderman kit). Ride quality is important and would only do if there is no way of bottoming out.

Can anyone help me with any experience you have and possibly pics. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with every static drop i will need helper bags?

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured people would jump at this as a chance to post pics and tell about their suspension.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you can do the 2/3 drop and the air lift rear air helper bag and tow fine. Ive done a few set ups and my buddy street races his silverado ss adn tows it to the street races 2x a month with his 08 tahoe and its fine. anything else just call or email me i do a lot of them.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to love your new Yukon ... waaaaaay nicer than a pickup. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879