07' Tahoe LT 4x4-Engine RPM Problem Post-Corvette Servo Install/Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it decided to file itself in that forum, but shit, alright. If the admins could help me out, that'd be swell. I don't like to create posts in the first place so it's not surprising I'd find out how to screw it up.

No lights, no codes. All the codes and whatnots have been remedied. They were what brought me to getting it fixed to begin with when this was not a problem. I thought vacuum as well but I saw nothing out of the ordinary both at first glance in the off position then while running, etc. The mechanic was in the engine bay long enough to change the oil and top some fluids, but regardless of particulars, the thing didn't do this before I got it back.

Luckily, I drove it home and parked it. Being retired and nowhere to go helps. But at some point, It'd be nice to have a dependable vehicle. I certainly paid for one and then some over the years with this money pit. It doesn't seem like GM is the way to go anymore. Haven't found one they make that isn't a subpar bag of bolts made in China. No wonder folks leave the big 3 for foreign cars. I can get a 2JZ anything I want that'll run after taking buckshot but this won't run right if you do everything right. Every time you touch one of these monstrosities, it costs an arm and a leg as well as nothing is ever completely fixed. It's always a limp-on 'til the next major failure. If I could afford to, I'd get rid of it. Just about ready to take it out to the desert and make a target out of the damn thing. Cost all this money and 10 years later even while keeping up with everything, it all goes to shit... This isn't normal wear and tear, either... I have taken good care of it. Yet all it does is break.

You're telling ME about the camber, etc... I can't force these ******* to do anything more. They say it's in spec while looking at the wheel leaning off my ride. Not just one place mind you, several. So, yeah, whatever their "spec" sheet says is utter garbage or they are ***** as well.

The damn wheel hubs go bad all too often as well. An 07 and I've put at least that many sets of them on. That leads me to think the thing was jacked from day 1...

I'm pretty well flustered by this whole day and that was the coup-de-grace. I've literally had the damn thing back a DAY. I drove it ONCE.

If you respond, I'll see it when I can but I have to get off this thing and stop thinking on it before a wall eats a keyboard.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mechanic was my first stop when it decided to get noticeably ugly... Again, not completely clueless how the world works my friend. Taking it back and getting anything DONE worthwhile, however, is a different issue altogether.
I’m with the previous post that stated that the servo and the oil change shouldn’t have any effect on the way the engine runs. From past experiences back in the sixties GM had an issue with motor mounts breaking and when the engine torqued it would bind the accelerator and you’d have to fight it to stop and idle speed would be high which sounds a lot like what you are experiencing. The mechanic might have loosened you transmission mount and neglected to put the nut back on and that may allow the engine to torque over and cause some of the issues you are having or maybe a broken motor mount LHS probably. Check the mounts or have a different shop check the truck over.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Being an old fart myself and believe in basics first, I really think you need to always, from this point forward, start with descriptions in complete detailed chronological order. I have been called to the carpet, so to speak, for just asking that but I am old school and ran shops so I have a way of asking questions and processing the given info. The fact that the problem started after the Corvette servo install point to a complete recheck of the entire process for gaining access to it and what was done during that install. Jack up the engine after any mounts were loosened or disconnected? Put the throttle cable in a bind? Etc...... Good luck with the healing process and keep in touch as you do the inspections, when you can, and take pics if need be. We all want to help because what goes around comes around and we need help at times because if it has an engine or ****, it will need maintenance or repairs sometime.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I will look at all these when I can! I'm disabled from my chosen profession, so when I do something too much one day, I pay in spades for the next several weeks. That said, it's not quite but darn close to bedridden. I will say I was looking around at everything and nothing seemed amiss. However, my very cursory peep wouldn't be sufficient to answer you truthfully, amigo. Give me a little time, I'll manage to get outside and down the stairs ASAP!

Agree with @iamdub and @jwth lists as good spots to check. Start easy.

OP
OP
mackmcmillan

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
What part of the country are you located? Might be some fellow TYF guys in your area that might be able to lend a hand.
I'm in Tucson, AZ aka The Old Pueblo. But with this surgery I JUST got out of coupled with my kiddo flying in for Christmas break, it's probably better I wait 'til the pain subsides at the very least! But yes, very good point, there could certainly be folks around! Hehe, even a 5 minute glance under the hood and a startup is definitely by anyone with more recent / better overall experience and knowledge would be a blessing for this ol' feller. So, basically, a look-see and a general direction is great, I just can't go any further with it ATM. We all know how it is... Life just gets in the way at every turn! I DO enjoy this brotherhood, though. Haven't seen it this nice since my Jeep days (well, years).

OP
OP
mackmcmillan

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
Being an old fart myself and believe in basics first, I really think you need to always, from this point forward, start with descriptions in complete detailed chronological order. I have been called to the carpet, so to speak, for just asking that but I am old school and ran shops so I have a way of asking questions and processing the given info. The fact that the problem started after the Corvette servo install point to a complete recheck of the entire process for gaining access to it and what was done during that install. Jack up the engine after any mounts were loosened or disconnected? Put the throttle cable in a bind? Etc...... Good luck with the healing process and keep in touch as you do the inspections, when you can, and take pics if need be. We all want to help because what goes around comes around and we need help at times because if it has an engine or ****, it will need maintenance or repairs sometime.

Many thanks. Much more appreciated more than you know / I could say. I griped hard the other day, but man... I've been dealing with this mess for so long now I'm flustered. If I were back home, I'd have a shop with all my tools to work with. But that's in GA and I have NO intention of heading back that way any time soon!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in Tucson, AZ aka The Old Pueblo. But with this surgery I JUST got out of coupled with my kiddo flying in for Christmas break, it's probably better I wait 'til the pain subsides at the very least! But yes, very good point, there could certainly be folks around! Hehe, even a 5 minute glance under the hood and a startup is definitely by anyone with more recent / better overall experience and knowledge would be a blessing for this ol' feller. So, basically, a look-see and a general direction is great, I just can't go any further with it ATM. We all know how it is... Life just gets in the way at every turn! I DO enjoy this brotherhood, though. Haven't seen it this nice since my Jeep days (well, years).

I have to agree, the group of guys here on this forum are great.

Hope you are able to recuperate soon and definitely enjoy time with your family over Christmas.
Tuscon is a little far for this Iowa boy to travel, but I do believe there are some folks from your neck of the woods that hang out here. Maybe one of them will be able to reach out.

OP
OP
mackmcmillan

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
I have to agree, the group of guys here on this forum are great.

Hope you are able to recuperate soon and definitely enjoy time with your family over Christmas.
Tucson is a little far for this Iowa boy to travel, but I do believe there are some folks from your neck of the woods that hang out here. Maybe one of them will be able to reach out.

Many thanks! I'm a GA boy by birth, so friendly and helping is what I'm used to. Happy to find a "brotherhood" of sorts again. Haven't had it in the car community since my first YJ! ;-)

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many thanks! I'm a GA boy by birth, so friendly and helping is what I'm used to. Happy to find a "brotherhood" of sorts again. Haven't had it in the car community since my first YJ! ;-)

Brotherhood indeed. I've had an XJ and a WJ and am buddies with a group of fabricators and crawlers. Hell, the rear of my Tahoe is dropped with factory TJ coils. lol

OP
OP
mackmcmillan

mackmcmillan

Reaction score
Hehe, iff anyone DOES end up seeing my ride... My avatar is certainly much nice than it sits now!
Brotherhood indeed. I've had an XJ and a WJ and am buddies with a group of fabricators and crawlers. Hell, the rear of my Tahoe is dropped with factory TJ coils. lol

No way!!! Really? That's awesome! I'd never thought outright to go looking in a jeep parts bin ealing with a Tahoe; Nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne