07 tahoe low beams not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HonkeyAdonis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2wd, flex fuel. High beams, turn signals, drls still work, just not the low beams. Replaced fuses, relay, and bulbs, still not working. Do I use ac voltage setting and check female side? Where would it be grounded? I can't find this information and am running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2wd, flex fuel. High beams, turn signals, drls still work, just not the low beams. Replaced fuses, relay, and bulbs, still not working. Do I use ac voltage setting and check female side? Where would it be grounded? I can't find this information and am running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks.
Time to get out your test meter and check for voltage at the headlight connectors, voltage at the switch when in the on position, and continuity between the switch and the connectors. Are your taillights coming on when the headlight switch is turned on?

OP
OP
H

HonkeyAdonis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the switch in auto, they don't come if bright out. I covered ambient light sensor and they came on and also work when manually putting switch into on position. I also got a new switch and swapped out just to see if it would work, but no luck. Do I put meter on ac or DC? I thought I checked ohms and found no resistance, but I'm not that savvy with the meter or electrical work in general. Appreciate the help though.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DC. Try the body/frame for the negative. If that works try the negative going to the headlight.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't get it; the way you describe it sounds like they work when it's dark but not when it's light. Are you saying that the low beams NEVER come on?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the switch in auto, they don't come if bright out. I covered ambient light sensor and they came on and also work when manually putting switch into on position. I also got a new switch and swapped out just to see if it would work, but no luck. Do I put meter on ac or DC? I thought I checked ohms and found no resistance, but I'm not that savvy with the meter or electrical work in general. Appreciate the help though.
UMMM, that's normal operation.
if you want low beams on during the daytime flip the switch to "on"
did you have a few too many beers? :cheers:

OP
OP
H

HonkeyAdonis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I first tested the connectors the driver side was reading .08 at the 20v DC setting, got to the passenger side and got nothing, went back to the driver side and got nothing as well. That was with the switch on. Only thing that happened in the time frame of me moving to the passenger side was the clutch fan kicked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC