07 Tahoe 2WD / Transmission Pump - Help Request

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidavidd

Reaction score
Hello TY Forum friends, traveling in Colombia my transmission reached the end of its life (US Tahoe 2007 / 5.3 / 2WD / street use only). I was driving at normal speed and suddenly lost all traction, all gears = neutral.
I am not an expert but taking advantage of the fact that I have the time / tools I decided to open the transmission myself, this is my third time rebuilding one of these 4L60E.

This time I found the pump rotor broken into 3 pieces and the damage shown in the photo. Is there an expert here on 4L60E who can tell me if I should replace the pump body or if this damage does not affect its operation? Here in Colombia, Tahoes are not very common and it has been very difficult for me to find parts like the pump body. I can fix the other damage to the sealing surfaces by machining the pump (I've already done it in the past).

Thanks in advance and sorry for the mess, I haven't cleaned the unit yet.

ddw.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-04-05 at 11.02.31 PM.jpeg zoom.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879