07 SSV Tahoe rear hatch glass opener?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a hidden button somewhere to pop open the rear window on the hatch? Is it only operable with a fob that has the button for it?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a hidden button somewhere to pop open the rear window on the hatch? Is it only operable with a fob that has the button for it?
it's not really hidden it is under the lip edge of the body trim on the right side below the glass
button.JPG

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not know it was there until I bought a new replacement trim with a camera had to drill the hole for it and rewire the harness.
ya there has always been a switch or button back there since WAY back, the old ones had a power window that was rolled up & down with the key and a tailgate

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya there has always been a switch or button back there since WAY back, the old ones had a power window that was rolled up & down with the key and a tailgate
I did not know there was 2 styles one with and without.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not know there was 2 styles one with and without.
as far as I know only the hybrids do not have a rear hatch switch because the rear glass does not open.
if you look at the sticker on the part it also states "hyb"
the seller probably is not aware of this and technically it should fit as stated but you would have to make a hole for the switch

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eric P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just looked under the latch handle and the hole is there but the switch is missing

trottida

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The switch is easily replaceable. You just pull it out of its hole, unplug it from the wire harness and plug a new one in. In your case you'll have to fish out the connector. The GM part number for 07-14 models is 22863048 and you can get them on amazon in both OEM and aftermarket. Here's what it looks like.

1665063579730.png

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Is the switch missing or the bung that the switch mounts in?

My truck had the switch break and was hiding just around the corner and still attached to the harness.

I just looked under the latch handle and the hole is there but the switch is missing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum