07 escalade AC smells like vinegar or musty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding a Cabin air filter, especially the activated charcoal version will undo the funk after you wash the evap coils off.

Imagine if you ran your home hvac for 13 years without a filter. Now imagine driving your home at 70mph on the highway for 13 years how nasty it’d be.

We’ve been programmed not to think about how the air in our vehicles is designed to be exchanged every 15-30 seconds even with the hvac off. Cabin air filters are good.
@petethepug
Do you have a part # for that cabin filter? Dont think that the dorman one in the retrofit kit is charcoal activated

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Here ya go. There's a less expensive version that's "electrostatic" too. If you go through R/A use the 5% discount code. The GM filters have little cut outs along the edges that allow it to bend so when you install & remove the filter it's really easy to slide in. Most of the others do not.

Rock Auto.PNG

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i finally received the can of kool it evap cleaner and went to town. 1st error i did was not read the instructions. So i snaked in the little hose all the way in through the evap drain. Yes, i removed the drain boot. Attached the can and sprayed. Can took 3-4 seconds and done. Fluid started dripping immediately through drain hole. I then waited 15 mins and turned on the escalade with fan on lowest setting and let it run for a few mins.

After all was done, i then read the instructions and i believe that i did it wrong as i did not "SHAKE CAN VERY WELL" before use which i beleive did not foam up.

I will buy another can and redo this and see what happens. I can still smell the musty smell but not as bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons