07 Denali Oil Leak Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
My denali is leaking and I can't seem to find it. Filter and drain plug are tight. It is not leaking from the pan. Seems to be coming from the block off above the filter and something above the starter on the passenger side. I've cleaned it up but I need some help/ideas/suggestions. It is ruining my drive way!

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great Pics !! I'm thinking something on the top end. My 05 Escalade 6.0 had a valve cover gasket leak back by the fire wall drivers side. It was a bit of a PITA to tightnen but it was that simple.

Good luck with this...I hate oil leaks also...don't over think it...probably something simple.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Did valve cover gaskets last month.

My buddy is going to take a look for me tomorrow. I'm stumped.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Bad news took it to the shop today and it is a rear main...... Everything else checks out.

Reaction score
i had a similar leak last year. everything that i read said its either oil pan or rear main. I changed the oil pan gasket and that sealed mine up. I cant remember how to tell between the 2 leaks.

If its higher than that, i would lean towards the oil pressure sensor, they are known to leak on these engines Ive changed a couple on a 5.3 and 6.0. They are behind the intake so when they leak they leak all over the back of the motor and tranny.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I ended up having the pressure sensor changed and put some cardboard down last night. We'll see in the morning if she's fixed or not!

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
One very small drop of used oil. Which in thinking was just from the preexisting mess and oil change. No leaks the rest of the day either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n