07 denali /Escalade taillight !!!! Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought factory 07-14 Escalade taillights and the pillars they are getting wrapped now but have Hurd these do not plug in to my denali?
Some help would be nice

No help needing on this but also picked up my ESV rear door! Swapping all the doors. But good score today

5603A66A-7AED-4F90-B180-94A9DD0C3BF4.png

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the plug is different and the esky's have a extra wire, I think there is a way to make them work if you make a harness, if you do a search I am sure it will come up if you look hard enough the search function on the forum is not designed properly so it makes it kind of a pain. @kbuskill might know a little more about it or @NathanJax

Last edited:
OP
OP
1lowhoe04

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why the doors? the door shell is the same as your Denali will have the same chrome handle, the esky may have a exterior molding but that's about it
Find a Escalade and look above the molding! There’s a little indention that is the length of the door. Just something I’ve wanted to do! Idk if I find a black platinum front clip may swap it all o we haha

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Find a Escalade and look above the molding! There’s a little indention that is the length of the door. Just something I’ve wanted to do! Idk if I find a black platinum front clip may swap it all o we haha
hmm never noticed guess I haven't looked close enough

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just bought factory 07-14 Escalade taillights and the pillars they are getting wrapped now but have Hurd these do not plug in to my denali?
Some help would be nice

No help needing on this but also picked up my ESV rear door! Swapping all the doors. But good score today

View attachment 242017

the plug is different and the esky's have a extra wire, I think there is a way to make them work if you make a harness, if you do a search I am sure it will come up if you look hard enough the search function on the forum is not designed properly so it makes it kind of a pain. @kbuskill might know a little more about it or @NathanJax

I believe there is a stickied post on here somewhere showing how others have converted over to the Esky lights.

If it were me I would buy 2 of these...
Hopkins 48845 12" Tail Light Converter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002RNSPK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_bgzzEb5E0AMJC

rps20200308_204938_226.jpg

And use one on each side. Of course you wont need all the wires on each one because your only wiring one side.

Alternatively you could purchase just one and mount it centrally underneath the truck and run new wiring all the way back to the taillights.

Easier/less wiring though to just run one on each side and make a harness for each taillight.

What you are doing is converting a 4 wire truck (Ground -, Parking +, Brake +, Turn +)
into a 3 wire tail light
(Ground -, Parking +, Brake/Turn+)

Last edited:
OP
OP
1lowhoe04

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there is a stickied post on here somewhere showing how others have converted over to the Esky lights.

If it were me I would buy 2 of these...
Hopkins 48845 12" Tail Light Converter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002RNSPK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_bgzzEb5E0AMJC

View attachment 242021

And use one on each side. Of course you wont need all the wires on each one because your only wiring one side.

Alternatively you could purchase just one and mount it centrally underneath the truck and run new wiring all the back to the taillights.

Easier/less wiring though to just run one on each side and make a harness for each taillight.

What you are doing is converting a 4 wire truck (Ground -, Parking +, Brake +, Turn +)
into a 3 wire tail light
(Ground -, Parking +, Brake/Turn+)
Ok makes sense

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why the doors? the door shell is the same as your Denali will have the same chrome handle, the esky may have a exterior molding but that's about it
I’ve heard somewhere the the NNBS platform esky doors are actually slightly different than the tahoe/Yukon doors, 1. because of the body molding, 2. because of the chrome window sill and the B/C pillars being a separate piece from the door itself. Just what I’ve heard so I could be wrong.... lol

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’ve heard somewhere the the NNBS platform esky doors are actually slightly different than the tahoe/Yukon doors, 1. because of the body molding, 2. because of the chrome window sill and the B/C pillars being a separate piece from the door itself. Just what I’ve heard so I could be wrong.... lol

I know the Esky doors have holes behind the side molding that the rest of the trucks don't have so you can't remove the molding without filling holes.