'07 Blacked Out Stock Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo59

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum here but wanted to post pictures of my adventure in blacking out my front grille. I learned some good stuff browsing on the forums and wanted to share my finished result.

I have included pictures of the different stages of the process from start to finish.

Feel free to ask me any questions but I was looking for a more affordable way of blacking out my Tahoe. I ended up having a friend of mine paint my existing grille. After I spent several hours trying to take it off and get it all separated!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 80
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 89
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 91
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 109

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good!

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good what did you smoke the headlights with? How's the light output?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to [posting on] the forum! The front of your truck sure looks good -- now, let's see the rest of it!

OP
OP
Turbo59

Turbo59

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Guys!

Here are a few pics of the rest of my Tahoe. Basically, 99% black...not sure it's the wisest choice of colors for the Phoenix heat, but I guess it comes down to fashion over function! :)

Derek: I had a friend that painted all my lights (front and back.) He did an excellent job and was very affordable. I did not want to lose the power of my headlights (I have not upgraded to HID's yet), but thought the orange turn signal looked out of place on the side of the headlights. The solution ended up being that he blacked out the sides and edges of my headlights with premium auto paint and just lightly went over the main area of where the headlights actually project. The result was great and I don't think my brightness went down by more than 10%. When I upgrade to HID's, it shouldn't matter in the least.

Attachments

• photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 59
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 54
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 43

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride. Armor All will work wonders on those wheel wells. Spray it on thin, let it dry.
No need to wipe it off.

Igot26s

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to the forum here but wanted to post pictures of my adventure in blacking out my front grille. I learned some good stuff browsing on the forums and wanted to share my finished result.

I have included pictures of the different stages of the process from start to finish.

Feel free to ask me any questions but I was looking for a more affordable way of blacking out my Tahoe. I ended up having a friend of mine paint my existing grille. After I spent several hours trying to take it off and get it all separated!

I want to do the same thing to mine! It is the only thing that is chrome on my car still. I looked at trying to remove it myself but I got stumped. How did you remove it? Help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscimeca