07-14 Yukon Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it tonight. These lights don't appear to light up the roadway as much as my OE lights with Silverstars. It may be because they are smoked slightly and probably came with cheap bulbs (or the combination of both).

I think I'm going to pickup a pair of better H7 bulbs

You have "less" light on the road because of the major hotspots those projectors are creating. You essentially have two cut-off lines. The one on top which is suppose to be there and the ones on the bottom that I marked in red. There's very little uniformity of light output evenly spread out. You'll have the same results with any H7 bulb you put in there.

beam pattern.jpg

Here's an example of an even spread of output

s2000 beam.jpg

Reaction score
The light output is just dimmer/more yellow than I'm used to. I'm sure these didn't come with the best/brightest/whitest bulbs in it....lol

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
If the truck is driven with the parking lights on, the DRL operate. The DRL are on all the time with the headlights turned on. Now all’s that needed is a definite answer to see if the BCM won’t freak if the DRL are tapped directly into their circuit. Another option that’s not as convenient would be to run a dedicated feed w/ key on directly to the DRL and isolating it from everything else. I’ll post up the 5k PIAA lights installed in the new lights tonight.

I regret that I did not notice they are tinted blue. Not my cuppa tea but not going into the bumper cover again to change it doesn't sound like fun. Stick w/ the Silverstar Ultra if they make them in H7. It was a bummer that the fresh OE H13 bulbs could not be reused. Only the projector / driving lights are height adjustable, but it's sufficient to dial them in.

That even spread of light and clear cut off Dario posted is the product of a higher build quality in the projector glass. Below is the headlights lower mount arm / bracket that keeps the headlight assembly from being easily removed. It hides at the front corners of the truck just under the amber reflector behind the bumper cover.

c225cc29a18424f9c0bd3d06c39c9ba7.jpgbc64715787492af9574f22f74424a6aa.jpg
c15f3ab4756289ca723ff2f06889a16b.jpg

Reaction score
It's a gloomy, rainy day here, and I got a couple pics just a few minutes ago when I pulled in at home..... 8f941618a90f144aa919039269f0d742.jpga60b9e8b17a4055149de62cb1f3e88fd.jpg

That bracket under the yellow parking light doesn't need the bolt fully removed, just loosened. It has a U shaped opening.

I ordered a new bumper cover bracket for the driver's side (mine is broken, I pictured it earlier) that should be here by the weekend. I'll probably get some better bulbs before then and change out the bulbs when I pull the bumper cover to replace that bracket.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Last edited:

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look nice on there, better then the ad picture with what IM sure is a photoshopped job of the lights.

Reaction score
Scored some SilverStar Ultra H1's for the high beams on clearance for $13 each, and picked up a pair of SilverStar Ultra H7's for the low beams. Also received the GM Parts replacement side bumper cover bracket in the mail today. I'm going to pull the bumper, replace that bracket and swap out the bulbs either tomorrow afternoon or this weekend.

Real tempted to rewire the LED bar to the low beam headlight wires while I'm at it. Not sure yet. They are currently just spliced in (with heat shrink) to the parking light plug wiring. It would be real easy to splice them in with a wire tap to the low beam wiring that goes to the main plug harness.

I'm just worried about the lifespan of the LED, being on basically all the time when the vehicle is driven. It's not like it's replaceable like a bulb. It it goes out the whole housing needs to be be replaced.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can replace those LEDs, the part you see is actually a frosted cover, so if they go out, you can replace them by baking the headlight, opening them up and then putting new LED stripes in. When i was doing my HID retrofit, the company i was talking with did that on similar styled lights and put a switchback LED strip in and rewiring it to the DRLS and Turn signal which was pretty cool.

Reaction score
You can replace those LEDs, the part you see is actually a frosted cover, so if they go out, you can replace them by baking the headlight, opening them up and then putting new LED stripes in. When i was doing my HID retrofit, the company i was talking with did that on similar styled lights and put a switchback LED strip in and rewiring it to the DRLS and Turn signal which was pretty cool.
Uh, ok. Sounds easier just to buy a new headlight.... LOL

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18