07-14 PPV shock / strut part number verification please :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello PPV'ers,

I'm looking to replace the suspension struts and shocks this winter on my 2011. Hoping to find the source of this weird vibration I'm getting, and I'm thinking the shocks / struts may be a part of it. (Already replaced the u-joints in the driveshaft, rebalanced tires, trans mount and AFM delete is on the way)

From my understanding Monroe is the OEM manufacturer of these parts. When I put my VIN into GM parts direct it pulls up all the suspension options but I think I've narrowed it down.

Can someone verify these part numbers for me before I order?

Front: MONROE 39106
Rears: MONROE 911545

Also anything I should know before I jump into this? I will have a spring compressor handy for the fronts. I believe the rear is a separate shock / spring assembly.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello PPV'ers,

I'm looking to replace the suspension struts and shocks this winter on my 2011. Hoping to find the source of this weird vibration I'm getting, and I'm thinking the shocks / struts may be a part of it. (Already replaced the u-joints in the driveshaft, rebalanced tires, trans mount and AFM delete is on the way)

From my understanding Monroe is the OEM manufacturer of these parts. When I put my VIN into GM parts direct it pulls up all the suspension options but I think I've narrowed it down.

Can someone verify these part numbers for me before I order?

Front: MONROE 39106
Rears: MONROE 911545

Also anything I should know before I jump into this? I will have a spring compressor handy for the fronts. I believe the rear is a separate shock / spring assembly.

Thanks in advance for any info!

I was actually wondering about that, if PPVs, SSVs have different shgocks than 'civillian' Tahoes do. Since PPVs are lowered (right) and there seem to be SSVS (like mine) that actually have a bit of a lift, factory.

thanks,

Ron

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was actually wondering about that, if PPVs, SSVs have different shgocks than 'civillian' Tahoes do. Since PPVs are lowered (right) and there seem to be SSVS (like mine) that actually have a bit of a lift, factory.

thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron,

From my understanding, the fronts on the PPVs are the same (the tire size is what gives it its lowered appearance). However for the rear it uses a different strut / spring than the conventional models. I'm not sure on the SSV's but maybe someone can chime in.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you. just to clarify, you replaced OEM PPV suspension with something different? and these were the OEM part numbers?
Correct, these were OEM I attached photos of. I replaced all 4 corners with Belltech when my truck was lowered.

To answer your questions about the differences, the spring rates are different on the PPV......as are rebound rates on the shocks. You'll find the shock absorbers fit other vehicles, which was the source for the difference in rates for the PPV application. So the lowered ride height is in the spring difference, which is about a 1" difference from a LS-up Tahoe.

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, these were OEM I attached photos of. I replaced all 4 corners with Belltech when my truck was lowered.

To answer your questions about the differences, the spring rates are different on the PPV......as are rebound rates on the shocks. You'll find the shock absorbers fit other vehicles, which was the source for the difference in rates for the PPV application. So the lowered ride height is in the spring difference, which is about a 1" difference from a LS-up Tahoe.

Awesome. Thank you.

How do you like the belltechs? Worth the upgrade? To do the shocks at all four corners Im already looking at ~300... I dont want to change the ride height if possible, but if the ride quality is improved I could justify going the belltech route.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you.

How do you like the belltechs? Worth the upgrade? To do the shocks at all four corners Im already looking at ~300... I dont want to change the ride height if possible, but if the ride quality is improved I could justify going the belltech route.
Its improved drastically, but my PPV had 180k miles when I changed mine out. Everything was original and tired. When speaking on terms of the ride of a PPV, the new ride is great with the Belltech shocks and new rear springs. The biggest difference is going to be with the tires though, I went a tad bigger with 265/70's in a Continental. Best decision I ever made, and I have zero regrets about the tires or suspension.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you have magnetic ride control then these are the oem part for the front 580432 (580-432)
rockauto has the best price, plus there is a sticky for 5% off

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its improved drastically, but my PPV had 180k miles when I changed mine out. Everything was original and tired. When speaking on terms of the ride of a PPV, the new ride is great with the Belltech shocks and new rear springs. The biggest difference is going to be with the tires though, I went a tad bigger with 265/70's in a Continental. Best decision I ever made, and I have zero regrets about the tires or suspension.

My mileage is up there as well. I couldnt find any documentation showing if they were ever replaced. At this point I think any shock replacement, whether OEM or aftermarket is better than nothing.

Love how the larger 265/70's fit on your PPV. Seems to fill up the wheel wells much nicer. How much more of a drop was the belltech kit over the factory PPV suspension, if any?

if you have magnetic ride control then these are the oem part for the front 580432 (580-432)
rockauto has the best price, plus there is a sticky for 5% off

PPV's dont have mag-ride I believe, I'll check rock auto. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts