07-14 PPV shock / strut part number verification please :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that most people are very happy with the Belltech struts. I decided to stick with OEM PPV struts because they are fairly cheap, nice and stiff, and do not drop the ride as much. There was a dramatic improvement in ride control after replacing my 71k mile original PPV struts. I also suspect that the tires are no longer cupping as much.

The new PPV struts perform so well I feel the brakes should be upgraded to compliment.

OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that most people are very happy with the Belltech struts. I decided to stick with OEM PPV struts because they are fairly cheap, nice and stiff, and do not drop the ride as much. There was a dramatic improvement in ride control after replacing my 71k mile original PPV struts. I also suspect that the tires are no longer cupping as much.

The new PPV struts perform so well I feel the brakes should be upgraded to compliment.

I actually went this route as well. There is currently a rebate going on w/ monroe and all four corners can be replace for right around ~$210 which is almost a no brainer for me! Thank you for your input

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually went this route as well. There is currently a rebate going on w/ monroe and all four corners can be replace for right around ~$210 which is almost a no brainer for me! Thank you for your input

I was tempted to buy Monroe until I found all 4 new OEM struts for ~$325! Monroe is usually fine but I thought I'd splurge for the peace of mind. The Monroe front struts mounts wouldn't fit on my PPV. Since that experience, I've just stuck with OEM unless I move to a performance part. I wouldn't mind spending $125 per strut if I could get something with even better performance. Struts make such a large ride impact.

Have you had good luck with Monroe in the past?

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

domoarigato

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was tempted to buy Monroe until I found all 4 new OEM struts for ~$325! Monroe is usually fine but I thought I'd splurge for the peace of mind. The Monroe front struts mounts wouldn't fit on my PPV. Since that experience, I've just stuck with OEM unless I move to a performance part. I wouldn't mind spending $125 per strut if I could get something with even better performance. Struts make such a large ride impact.

Have you had good luck with Monroe in the past?

From what I've found from searching, Monroe is the OEM supplier for the PPV tahoes.

If you look at your factory suspension. They are stamped "Tenneco" on the lower mount bushings. Monroe is a Tenneco brand :)

Randoo80

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello PPV'ers,

I'm looking to replace the suspension struts and shocks this winter on my 2011. Hoping to find the source of this weird vibration I'm getting, and I'm thinking the shocks / struts may be a part of it. (Already replaced the u-joints in the driveshaft, rebalanced tires, trans mount and AFM delete is on the way)

From my understanding Monroe is the OEM manufacturer of these parts. When I put my VIN into GM parts direct it pulls up all the suspension options but I think I've narrowed it down.

Can someone verify these part numbers for me before I order?

Front: MONROE 39106
Rears: MONROE 911545

Also anything I should know before I jump into this? I will have a spring compressor handy for the fronts. I believe the rear is a separate shock / spring assembly.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Hello PPV'ers,

I'm looking to replace the suspension struts and shocks this winter on my 2011. Hoping to find the source of this weird vibration I'm getting, and I'm thinking the shocks / struts may be a part of it. (Already replaced the u-joints in the driveshaft, rebalanced tires, trans mount and AFM delete is on the way)

From my understanding Monroe is the OEM manufacturer of these parts. When I put my VIN into GM parts direct it pulls up all the suspension options but I think I've narrowed it down.

Can someone verify these part numbers for me before I order?

Front: MONROE 39106
Rears: MONROE 911545

Also anything I should know before I jump into this? I will have a spring compressor handy for the fronts. I believe the rear is a separate shock / spring assembly.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Hey,

Did you ever get to the bottom of your weird vibration? I have a 2012 Tahoe PPV. Replaced entire front end that fixed other issues, but this vibration is still there. I know I need U joints and need to look at the drive line, but been waiting for warmer weather. I noticed the other day, the vibration changed/got a little better when I changed lanes on the freeway. I was like, am I crazy?!?! I could see it if I was on a bumpy road, but we're taking about a relatively smooth freeway. I've had other police vehicles and used to the rough ride, but this Tahoe - I feel every crack in the road. I'm also questioning if it could be sway bar bushings and something there is shifting? The look tired, but everything seems firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish