06Yukon +1.5" keys, went in for alignment and...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheStandard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Added 1.5" torsion keys to my 2006 Yukon Denali. Next day took it in for alignment, the shop came back with a list of other items to fix before they aligned it. Of course their parts prices were high, they wasted two hours of my time by not calling me, but I have trusted this shop for a while. Anyway, is it necessary to replace front inner tie rods, front outer tie rods, Pittman arm and idler arm after a leveling kit? I plan to inspect these today for normal wear. The Yukon does have 162k miles.

Are these guys trying to pull one over on me? Also, they advised to put on new 235-70-17s, which is a joke because I purposefully have 285 ATs on it now.

Also, with a 1.5" lift! I am assuming that 34x11x15s are probably the largest tire to run without a lot of rubbing. Let me know what you think.

-TheStandard

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
If they've never been replaced, it's more than past due to change them out. And ball joints too.

drew4216

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
honestly I manage a big o tires shop in Arizona it was more likely they mis-communicated, the parts are probably worn out, the are very common in gm vehicles

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes its safe to say you need new frontend parts and dont forget swaybar bushing and ball joints, the swaybar bushings are cheap and real easy to swap. new ones on my rig made a big difference

KEVIN GARRETT

Reaction score
ask them if the pitman and idler were outside of spec.? most shops dont know that GM allows a certain degree of play in those that is completely normal although yes with the year they may be worn out depending on previous use of veh. my 06 has play but it is still within GM specs.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Added 1.5" torsion keys to my 2006 Yukon Denali. Next day took it in for alignment, the shop came back with a list of other items to fix before they aligned it. Of course their parts prices were high, they wasted two hours of my time by not calling me, but I have trusted this shop for a while. Anyway, is it necessary to replace front inner tie rods, front outer tie rods, Pittman arm and idler arm after a leveling kit? I plan to inspect these today for normal wear. The Yukon does have 162k miles.

Are these guys trying to pull one over on me? Also, they advised to put on new 235-70-17s, which is a joke because I purposefully have 285 ATs on it now.

Also, with a 1.5" lift! I am assuming that 34x11x15s are probably the largest tire to run without a lot of rubbing. Let me know what you think.

-TheStandard

I don't think you can use 15" rims on these trucks. I could be wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62

Latest posts