06 Esky Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Been working on customizing the engine cover. It's something I can do while I'm waiting for measurements I need before making the exhaust valance. Anyway, below are a few shots of work in progress. I'll post more later.

I bought some vinyl wrap with a carbon fiber look and first wrapped the engine cover. But I didn't care for the look. So I'll be painting the cover the same U67 Sport Red Metallic color as the Esky.The center graphic is a decal. It's sitting on a slightly raised disc. The lettering and V are 3d emblems. Escalade is the rear emblem from an Escalade. I took a photo of it and cut and pasted letters to spell Cadillac using the same font. The two look a bit different because I had to compress Cadillac to make room for the V emblem. I then had a 3d print done of CADILLAC. The one you see is too thick, and I don't like its finish. So I'm waiting for another to be printed which matches the thickness and finish of the Esclade emblem.

Photos:
1. decal I made up to go on the raised area in the middle of the engine cover. Decided on different background color than the one mocked up on the engine cover. Also switched to the modern version of the Cadillac crest.
2,3,4 Primered engine cover with mock-up of emblems.

Attachments

• Black_redcadillaVseriesemblem.jpg
    Black_redcadillaVseriesemblem.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 11
  • ecprimer1.jpg
    ecprimer1.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ecprimer2.jpg
    ecprimer2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ECprimer3.jpg
    ECprimer3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Been working on customizing the engine cover. It's something I can do while I'm waiting for measurements I need before making the exhaust valance. Anyway, below are a few shots of work in progress. I'll post more later.

I bought some vinyl wrap with a carbon fiber look and first wrapped the engine cover. But I didn't care for the look. So I'll be painting the cover the same U67 Sport Red Metallic color as the Esky.The center graphic is a decal. It's sitting on a slightly raised disc. The lettering and V are 3d emblems. Escalade is the rear emblem from an Escalade. I took a photo of it and cut and pasted letters to spell Cadillac using the same font. The two look a bit different because I had to compress Cadillac to make room for the V emblem. I then had a 3d print done of CADILLAC. The one you see is too thick, and I don't like its finish. So I'm waiting for another to be printed which matches the thickness and finish of the Esclade emblem.

Photos:
1. decal I made up to go on the raised area in the middle of the engine cover. Decided on different background color than the one mocked up on the engine cover. Also switched to the modern version of the Cadillac crest.
2,3,4 Primered engine cover with mock-up of emblems.
So here is the cover painted with the LS/V series vinyl decal I made. Now, I'd appreciate your opinions on emblems. I decided against putting Escalade and Cadillac emblems on the cover. Just seemed like a bit much. So instead, I'll be adding a single V-series emblem, either in chrome or black, either on the decal or on the cover in front of the decal. BTW, The Escalade now has chrome badging, to which I am adding Chrome V-series badges.

Let me know which you think looks best: 1. Black on front of cover, 2. Black on decal, 3. Chrome on front of cover, 4. Chrome on decal.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Black v on cover.jpg
    Black v on cover.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Black V on decal.jpg
    Black V on decal.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Chrome V on Cover.jpg
    Chrome V on Cover.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Chrome V on decal.jpg
    Chrome V on decal.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So here is the cover painted and decaled. Now, I'd appreciate your opinions on emblems. I decided against putting Escalade and Cadillac emblems on the cover. Just seemed like a bit much. So instead, I'll be adding a single V-series emblem, either in chrome or black, either on the decal or on the cover in front of the decal.

Let me know which you think looks best: 1. Black on front of cover, 2. Black on decal, 3. Chrome on front of cover, 4. Chrome on decal.

Thanks!
I think they all look good. I'm not really a chrome guy, so it's a toss up for me, between 1 and 2.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I think they all look good. I'm not really a chrome guy, so it's a toss up for me, between 1 and 2.
Thanks for the input. If I go with black, mounting the v on the decal seems to give it more contrast. The fender and tailgate emblems are chrome and I'm adding chrome V-series emblems to them, but that doesn't mean I can't do something different in the engine compartment. There's nothing chrome under the hood, and plenty of black! So a black V would fit in just fine!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. If I go with black, mounting the v on the decal seems to give it more contrast. The fender and tailgate emblems are chrome and I'm adding chrome V-series emblems to them, but that doesn't mean I can't do something different in the engine compartment. There's nothing chrome under the hood, and plenty of black! So a black V would fit in just fine!
For me personally, I love sleepers, so if it was mine, I'd put a blacked out "V" on the rear lower corner of the hatch. Subtle, but it lets people in the know there's something special about it.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2 page build thread that consists of a painted engine cover?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2 page build thread that consists of a painted engine cover?
Well if you’re like half the members here who just log in once in a while and don’t read much and then just leave negative comments…. I’ll fill you in! He’s got a whole other thread dedicated to his full engine swap that’s currently in progress as well as a custom exhaust upgrade. He’s got new wheels on the truck, and it’s gonna also get a freshened up interior. Build thread will be updated in due time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop