06 Escalade magnetic ride suspension on 01 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So out from what I read you guys wouldn't have taken the trouble of doing this. It might be a problem over here too, who's gonna enter the codes in the BCM? Or is that something which can be downloaded from somewhere.
Danzigman: Here is some pics, after these pics was taken I've added the rear bumper and waiting for the third brake light, runningboards and the rear corners. I'm also havin' a complete 06 Escalade interior with all interior trim on it's way over here. My plan is to black the whole thing out with black matte foil exept for the chrome.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 20
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 22

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, at first glance no one would think it wasn't an escalade. Are you doing the roof rack, rear apps and third breaklight?

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I am as i said in the previous post I'm waiting for a boat load full of parts including the whole interior with 8 seats from an 06 Escalade. So I hope it will turn out good. Best of all I'll save like 200.000 bucks cause of the tax systems over here and that's pretty neat.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
A dealer has to program the codes into the BCM. You might be able to get away with using the BCM out of a 2002 Escalade. You might run into some problems with the seats when you get them. They are wired different than the ones in your Tahoe. The memory and heating function are computer controlled. Also, the door panels and switches are different too. The BCM in the 06 controls the windows, that is not the case in your Tahoe. So, you might have to mix and match parts to make things work properly.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
kses123: If I just use the BCM I've got wouldn't I be able to just find out which cable giving the respective signal from the switch out and wire it into the new switches from there(if you know what I mean, he he english is not my native tongue, I think I might be pushing it if I went Norwegian on you he he)
Or can I put a BCM from an 06 Escalade straight in without any problems?
Your opinion, would you just forget the suspension conversion if it was you? I have allready lowered the vehicle so I could just change shocks to save a lot of work. Will it ride better than the stock Escalade, it's probably a matter of taste anyway? I see from the answers here that some of the guys don't feel the Escalade ride that good but I've tried the '06 and it rode a whole lot better(different) than a stok '01 Tahoe in my opinion. It's to bad we don't have enough experience with these cars over here cause I have to reinvent the wheel in a way.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Kses123: He he I know it's off topic but would a '06 Escalade NAV radio be possible to put in this '01 Tahoe -Escalade converison?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's off topic but would a '06 Escalade NAV radio be possible to put in this '01 Tahoe -Escalade converison?

No. From 02 to 03 a lot of the wiring and signals changed. So 03 to 06 would be completely different and the 00-02s.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll ask another one too:) Will electric fans from an '06 Escalade work with the 01 Tahoe. I ask so much cause I have an '06 Escalade available, most of it anyway. So I must try to use most of it on my prosject.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll ask another one too:) Will electric fans from an '06 Escalade work with the 01 Tahoe. I ask so much cause I have an '06 Escalade available, most of it anyway. So I must try to use most of it on my prosject.

yes, but you would need to make or purchase a harness for the fans to work correctly.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, I'm kind of lost with this hence all the lame questions he he but I will prevail. Can't use the Escalade harness? What harness am I looking for and where do I get it? Any clue?

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

This is starting to become more of a helpline for helpless Norwegians but I have all the back up sensors and stuff what else do I need to make'em work?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, I'm kind of lost with this hence all the lame questions he he but I will prevail. Can't use the Escalade harness? What harness am I looking for and where do I get it? Any clue?

You can get a harness from a vendor here, BlackBear Performance...

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51

I have all the back up sensors and stuff what else do I need to make'em work?

A miracle. It's the same as the other electrical stuff. It won't work in an 01. You can't even get them to work in an 06 that didn't come with them from the factory without a lot of factory reprogramming. Easiest thing to do is get an aftermarket backup system and put the sensors in the same spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jsimon