06 Escalade magnetic ride suspension on 01 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a question for you experts out there, here in Norway a Cadillac Escalade will set me back like $365 000,- and I'm not kiddin' :-/ So I'm left with converting my 01 Tahoe to an Escalade. I'm almost finished with the exterior just waiting for the third brakelight, rear corners and complete interior from a 06 coming from your fantastic corner of the world:hands:

Anyway my question is, can I buy the magnetic ride system from a 06 Escalade and put it on my converted 01 Tahoe? I want it too feel like an Escalade too you know.

Any input is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Converting 01 Tahoe suspension to 06 Escalade?

I have a question for you experts out there, here in Norway a Cadillac Escalade will set me back like $365 000,- and I'm not kiddin' :-/ So I'm left with converting my 01 Tahoe to Escalade. I'm almost finished with the exterior just waiting for the third brakelight, rear corners and complete interior from a 06 coming from your fantastic corner of the world:hands:

Anyway my question is, can I buy the magnetic ride system from a 06 Escalade and put it on my converted 01 Tahoe? I want it too feel like an Escalade too you know.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Swap 01 Tahoe suspension to 06 Escalade suspension

I have a question for you experts out there, here in Norway a Cadillac Escalade will set me back like $365 000,- and I'm not kiddin' :-/ So I'm left with converting my 01 Tahoe to Escalade buying all the components separatly from the US of A. I'm almost finished with the exterior just waiting for the third brakelight, rear corners and complete interior from a 06 coming from your fantastic corner of the world

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
You could, theoretically yes. It would be a lot of work though. You'd need 4 suspension sensors, suspension control module, wiring harnesses for all the components, compressor assembly, steering wheel position sensor, all four shocks, air lines fro the rear shocks and I think the BCM would have to be reprogrammed.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your transformation? It would be interesting to see how it looks.

OP
OP
P

Paalk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, what is the BCM? Maybe it's a stupid question to you guys but we lack a lot of info on these cars here in Norway. But basicly what you are saying is that if I have an Escalade frame with all the parts on it I could just strip the aforementioned parts off and it will work.
Danzigmsn: I haven't started with the suspension yet or did you mean the car conversion itself?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why do you want the autoride. I would do the belltech shock and a little lowering job. WIll ride better than a stock escalade also.

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not worth the trouble my friend. upgrade the shocks to something aftermarket will be just fine. stock escalades really don't ride as great as you think

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
The BCM is the Body Control Module. It's a computer under the dash, above the pedals with a bunch of wires coming out of it.

If you had the frame, with all of the wiring, sensors etc, yes you could make it work. You would need to have your current BCM reprogrammed to have the codes for Autoride. I think it needs to have Z55 and ZK3 added.

The BCM from the 06 escalade is not compatible with our 2001 truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot