04 Tahoe Temp Gauge on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Most people doing these will put tape on the face before removing the needles, and mark the needles' position on the tape at the stepper motor's lowest position. Sounds like you're past that.

FWIW my cluster had been done twice before this pic, so YMMV. This is with no key in the ignition and just the gauge lights on. The engine at full temp reading is generally with the pointer straight up (210). If you compare that with what the ECT sensor reports on a scanner, you'll notice that the needle is relatively stable even though the actual reported temp is fluctuating. It's done that way so people aren't freaked out by the fluctuations.

20240412_175533.jpg

OP
OP
L

Lastone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I set it at key turn at 160 n so far it seems to be working. Next time I’m at shop I’ll ask to be compared to computer. Yeah had trans solenoid n dash act up same time been a hell of a week. Got a used tranny for 3k installed n fixed my dash for free so far. Shop wanted 500 just for diagnostic. Thought it was wire which I can believe with 185k miles. Thank god for this forum. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OuttaGass