04 GMC Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

So I'm installing a stereo setup into my Dad's 2004 Yukon SLT. I had previously installed one in 2001 Yukon SLT and when he sold that, I removed it all so we could swap in the components to the new truck. The components are:

Kenwood Double Din Deck
Alpine 4ch amp
Alpine monoamp
Alpine 6.5" Type S
Can't remember the sub but its either a 6"or 8"(what size factory had in 01)

So his old stereo setup had the deck installed with speaker wire running to each of the 4 doors. RCA to the rear left of the truck to the mono amp. The sub replaced the factory unit in the factory location( Left rear quarter, behind the interior trim).

In his new truck we will be adding a 4ch amp to power the speakers. This isn't the real issue. The dilemma I'm currently running into his what to do with his sub. His new truck has the Bose stereo, so it has a factory sub in the center console. I know there are pac modules to retain this sub, however we are hoping to stay away from needing that.

I am wondering if anybody knows if you can get a factory sub box from an 01(or if they did it for the non-bose stereos in the 04) and install it into the left quarter trim area. Or is there a better way to go about this. He basically wants the deck, four speakers, and a sub(to provide a little bass, does not need anything earth shattering bass). What are the recommendations of the guys on this forum.

If I've missed anything or its to confusing please let me know.
Thanks
Kevin

rc610

Reaction score
I would think you could find a factory box and put it in or just build one. There's probably something similar to a mtx thunderform or JL stealth box for it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24