03 water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
after doing a search and coming up empty ..i am looking for a little help..
i have an 03 tahoe with 32,000 miles..under the hood is a like new 5.3 liter v8. all the hoses and pump look new but i keep getting a drip under the hose that goes to the fire wall the drip is on the pump side and looks like it is where the pipe is pressed into the pump..it is a very slow leak,so far i have added a stop leak additive that was recommended by a mechanic but it didn't help.. i don't want to replace the pump if i don't have to ..any thoughts on where it could be leaking from...i did change the hose clamps already.

tony4143

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well stop leak will def. cause other problems in your cooling system. As far as the leak goes I would pressure test the coolant system and see exactly where it's coming from.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after doing a search and coming up empty ..i am looking for a little help..
i have an 03 tahoe with 32,000 miles..under the hood is a like new 5.3 liter v8. all the hoses and pump look new but i keep getting a drip under the hose that goes to the fire wall the drip is on the pump side and looks like it is where the pipe is pressed into the pump..it is a very slow leak,so far i have added a stop leak additive that was recommended by a mechanic but it didn't help.. i don't want to replace the pump if i don't have to ..any thoughts on where it could be leaking from...i did change the hose clamps already.

If you are talking about the heater hoses that attach to the firewall the connectors become brittle and split. I had a slow leak on my #8 coil pack and the connector was the problem. Dealer only part but I found one from O'Reillys for an f150 that fit.

And definitely dont use the stop leak crap. Does more bad than good.

Sent from my marble slab!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Reaction score
great!!! i didnt want to put that junk in my truck....the only place that is wet is where the hose connects to the pump housing ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dimi3

Latest posts