03 tahoe LED dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew if i just waited on you chris, you would have a good easy solution to this, w/ no wires and all that having to be ran.

is there a way to tell if a LED is a canbus style? I have a bunch laying around.

I can't take credit for the canbus idea, I didn't even know what they were until 05nali said he was gonna try some!! All the resistor talk and then those pop up!!

These are what I bought Mike: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230762709242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As you can tell they don't have the typical white plastic bases on it, I guess the resistor part is integrated in the metallic looking base on that bulb!!

I still have the wire fix unhooked and the canbus bulbs in and they are still bright all the time, so a winner indeed!!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't take credit for the canbus idea, I didn't even know what they were until 05nali said he was gonna try some!! All the resistor talk and then those pop up!!

These are what I bought Mike: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230762709242?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

As you can tell they don't have the typical white plastic bases on it, I guess the resistor part is integrated in the metallic looking base on that bulb!!

I still have the wire fix unhooked and the canbus bulbs in and they are still bright all the time, so a winner indeed!!

On the ones you listed Chris, the resistor is soldered in below the "+" sign. They are smd resistors soldered in parallel just like load resistors.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Aw i got some of those, might have to try them. How bright are they? Same as what you had?

On the ones you listed Chris, the resistor is soldered in below the "+" sign. They are smd resistors soldered in parallel just like load resistors.

Sounds like the way you and Chris were talking about is the same thing, except these just have the resistor on the led.

Surprised many more havent chimed in here for this thread, its very helpful.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aw i got some of those, might have to try them. How bright are they? Same as what you had?

Sounds like the way you and Chris were talking about is the same thing, except these just have the resistor on the led.

Surprised many more havent chimed in here for this thread, its very helpful.

They are just as bright as what i had in there before, same number of 5050 leds!!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Bringing it back from the dead.
Anybody else dealt with this?
My led dome lights are bright as well as the door lights, but the individual led map lights are dim along with my vanity mirror lights too.

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know numbers or anything, but a friend said he's got me a set of green Leds to swap out all of the interior lights. Will post up part #s, where they came from, how it goes, and pictures when we get them in.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing it back from the dead.
Anybody else dealt with this?
My led dome lights are bright as well as the door lights, but the individual led map lights are dim along with my vanity mirror lights too.

Like mentioned before, buy canbus style ones for the maps and your problem will be solved!

JerGood

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys.... my name is Jeremy, 2003 GMC Yukon XL. I've got the same issue with LEDs in my map lights as everyone else here.

I tried ordering some of the 194 and 211/212 map and dome lights that were error free canbus. This did not solve my issue. I got them from JDM ASTAR.

Could anyone make a suggestion on another product to try or other solutions, so that I can join those of you who have found a solution to this issue. = )

Flexx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The set I got came with two pairs of different lights for the map lights. One had a bigger plastic base and didn't work with the little reflector piece. But they are super bright even without the reflector piece in there! 845698c3bf1b37c636380a69ea9763e2.jpg