03 tahoe LED dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy that I don't have to think about it anymore!! :party33:

But yes, the problem is irritating and at least there is a way to fix it!! Thanks goes out to Angel for actually taking the first step in finding a way to eliminate the problem in the first place, he's the one that first proved that by adding power to a light that it would brighten up a dim LED!! We just improved the idea a bit and eliminated the relay!! Thanks again for your help Chauncey, now just hoping others use this info and fix their trucks!!:)

OP
OP
angel.arteaga

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
Your welcome mike and great work !

Will soon get this done on mine cuz all the side effects that we had with the relay "buzzing" and "wakin up" were driving my wife crazy.

So thanks for all your help guys.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope someone else gives this a try, I'm glad I had the problem but was really just hoping to help others out by solving this problem!! A win/win for everyone in my opinion!! If anyone tries my fix, can you post up on your results on whether it worked for you or not!!

And thank you for even being the first to tackle this problem, if you hadn't tried the relay trick, I doubt any progress would have happened to this problem at all!!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might do it once i do my "other mod" then i will have the 12v there already.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just drove the truck down the street a bit ago and the mod still works great!! It's a winner folks!!!:hands:

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Might do it once i do my "other mod" then i will have the 12v there already.

Very nice!!!:mexsmoke:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I was reading 8.5v's when the LED's would be dim, so just need to find some LED's that can run at full bright with a voltage as low as 8v. Otherwise, if you can't and you have the dimming problem, then this mod would be what you need to do if it bugs you!

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The "mod" is way to complicated for me. I might just try to go back to stock vanities and try the glitch thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper

Latest posts