03 tahoe LED dome light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2003 chevy tahoe. I just sqitched all my dome light and door light bulbs to LED blulbs. After this, I noticed that when they come on automatically when a door is opened, they are incredibly bright, which is wat I wanted, but when I turn them on manually with the button on the over head domelight consoles, they are not as bright. Has anyone seen this happen before, know what the issue might be, or know how to fix it ???

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does this too

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

i think it has to do with the resistance change

OP
OP
angel.arteaga

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
Well it had never occured to me to clean the contacts, they looked pretty clean to me, i'll still give them a clean tho, any ideas on how to fix the issue if cleaning the contacts doesnt work ?

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Atleast its nice to know im not the only one with this issue !! XD

OP
OP
angel.arteaga

angel.arteaga

Reaction score
Anyone ?? Lol

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Can this be fixed with relays ?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a common problem for some reason when switching to leds. When open door they are nice and bright, when pushed manually, not bright at all. Happens in all of them that i have found, read, researched and have not found a sure answer of why and how to correct it. B/c i dont see how a factory bulb will work just fine and then led wouldnt ?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember reading a thread about this issue before. I don't recall a solution. Maybe try some different leds because my leds don't have this problem.

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They work fine on 02 and earlier (Different electronics) I think it has something to do with the amount of draw that is pulled (so much lower on an LED) same reason your cruise control does not work with the LED tail lights (Assuming no resistor is installed or included on light)
I think when ALL the lights are on its got the proper draw... Perhaps a resistor would work.. Just my thoughts..

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the amount of draw that is pulled (so much lower on an LED) same reason your cruise control does not work with the LED tail lights (Assuming no resistor is installed or included on light)

Really I haven't heard of this problem. I was think of adding a set of the x3 racing led tails that everyone has. Is this a problem with those tails?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore