03-06 Tahoe stock LCD NAV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Askold_JB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all!

I have 06'Tahoe with a stock BOSE Audio (looks like this - see below)
1623278171839.png

Sometimes I can see on Amazon and Ebay that it could be other option - GM OEM LCD NAVI like this -
1623278338877.png
AMAZON
EBAY
Could somebody advise me if it possible to just swap this instead of a stock BOSE unit?
Maybe with some Tech2 using? And what options this LCD NAVI has? Back-up camera option and e.g.?

Thank in advance!

PS. Yeah of course I know I can go aftermarket, but I want to keep some stock options like chime, RSE integration and immo and so on. Still looking for options to do this..

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to purchase a GPS Antenna, and then get the radio VIN Coded to your truck. But it is a direct swap. Did it on my Avalanche, my Envoy, My Rendezvous, My Aztek..

I have 3 of them sitting in my garage. I think since you have a 06, its going to be Non-Lux. But I couldnt swear to it.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I would have to ask, why? You can get a Bluetooth module for your current radio, and just use google maps. The map disc on that particular radio has no been updated in nearly 10 years.

OP
OP
Askold_JB

Askold_JB

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for responses, guys.
The main reason - I want to install backup camera, and I want it to connect with an LCD/Audio unit.
As I easily did on every previous cars (all Japanese), just go to aftermarket Audio for it.
Tahoe is different, stock Audio controls half of the car)) As I mentioned above, I wanna keep chime/RSE/full audio control/immo. Most of these **it I will lose with an aftermarket unit.
I am not going to buy this (OEM LCD unit) for NAVI, no way.
SO -
You need to purchase a GPS Antenna, and then get the radio VIN Coded to your truck. But it is a direct swap. Did it on my Avalanche, my Envoy, My Rendezvous, My Aztek..

I have 3 of them sitting in my garage. I think since you have a 06, its going to be Non-Lux. But I couldnt swear to it.

Does this unit have an input for backup camera? Maybe anybody has wiring schematic?
Sorry, what do you mean Non-Lux?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Firstly, you don't have to keep your OEM head unit/use an OEM head unit to maintain all the associated functions. There are modules you can buy to retain these things. Secondly, LUX is a type of Bose system, IIRC. I suggest you do a search on "Bose" (probably a bajillion hits) and "Lux" on these forums. You'll get everything you need and more. FWIW, I am suggesting you search because that is what I would have to do. Good luck, in any case.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a converter box you can buy to add a rear view camera to a factory navigation unit. Its not cheap, and its also hard to come by anymore, as these headunits went out of production in 2009.

I think NavTool is the company? But I might be mistaken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989