02 yukon shudder?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tj3777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
02 Yukon 5.3L . 228,000 mi. From a rolling start and up to 30mph, there is a loud swishing, shuddering noise. Power steering and engine oil levels checked good so far. The cooling fan is normally loose and not hard to turn. I was not able to check the transmission level yet, or even if the belt or idler pulley is bad. Possibly the belt slipping on a pulley? Or even if the U- joints are gone? Has anyone else had this happen to them? So far Above 35 has not been felt because I was in our neighborhood when it began this issue. Thank You.

Update. Definitely metal in the bottom of the pan. Possibly a broken clutch shell? I am disabled and I think that with all the research and all things considered, with my mechanical experience: I might put a heavy-duty kit and a new torque converter as well as flush all the lines. Is the B&M kit a decent kit? The same brand of torque converter? What stall speed? I will have to sell things to get the monies for everything. What special tools will I need to use? Thank You

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65