02 vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustinh

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals just joined. Have an 02 Tahoe L's 4x4 with keys and spacers on 33's and 20x12's. My wife hit a pothole on the interstate and have not been able to get rid the vibration since. Before that I had just changed the idler arm and pitman arm and the tie rod ends. Had the alignment done and tires balanced. After the fact I had to have the alignment done tires rebalanced at rimz one on their road force balancer and I've replaced the passenger front hub assembly. Can someone shed some insight to my problem? Its fine in town but 65+ its bad. Do I need to replace the idler and pitman again? Thanks for your help in advance

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
i would start by making sure the wheels are balanced still. maybe a weight came off when she hit the pothole. if it was a nasty pothole, the rim could be bent too. i doubt you need to replace the pitman again. start with wheel balancing, then move on to more expensive stuff, alignment etc.

AA1PR

Reaction score
more than likely a bad wheel bearing

the pothole just finished it off for you was all

is the vibration(s) at any one particular speed like say 45-55mph thats usually a tale tell sign to look out for

good luck

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take a hard look at the wheel/tire balance its unlikely the pitman or idler arm would need replacing usually when a truck hits a pot hole like you describe its the wheel/tire/alignment that take the hit

OP
OP
Dustinh

Dustinh

Reaction score
Yea those were the first things I figured as well but I've had the alignment done and wheels balanced the day of the post. I work a lot and haven't been able to get into it deeper. But the vibration starts at 60 and is terrible at 70

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz