02 Cadillac Escalade factory Aspen White rear pillars, appliques

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recently I saw a white white Escalade on the road. Previously I have only seen pearl white Escalades. So I did some research and apparently in 2002 only, GM offered the Escalade in what is called Aspen White.

Has anyone tried matching these up to the common Chevy color Summit White? How close of a color match is it?

Anyone else seen this white on an Escalade before? I learned something new about true white being offered on a Caddy. White corners on a Tahoe would finish out the white body corner. Thanks.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve seen a few of them around in the gloss white. I don’t mind the summit white, but all the ones I’ve seen have gold emblems. And I think that looks so damn cheesy.Lol. Kinda ruins the gloss white paint. I think it’s the same as the summit white used on the Chevy and GMC SUVs and pickups. At least it looks the same to me, and with a name like aspen white, I have to imagine that they’re thinking was “well we can’t have a caddy the same color as a Chevy or GMC and call it the same color.... let’s call the caddy aspen white... maybe then people will think it’s a different color” lol. But what do I know?! Maybe it is different... I don’t know... I bet google can find the three digit paint code that goes with it.

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Yeah, I didn't notice the gold emblems as I only really was looking at it for it's rear pillars or appliques. I wonder if the 3 digit code could be the same between Summit White and Aspen White?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to genuinegmparts.com, the paint code for a summit white Tahoe or Yukon, at least for 2002 is WA8624. According to that site, the 2002 Escalade is still listed as summit white, with the same paint code. Automotivetouchup.com, which is where I order paint from, as its the best matching paint I’ve found so far, lists that color as Olympic white with WA8624 and WA522 as paint codes. Neither site showed aspen white as a color choice. Interesting....

OP
OP
M

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took a few months of searching, but I managed to locate a set of these rare white white, no pearl, Escalade rear corner posts / appliques. A 2002 Escalade showed up in a local PYP this weekend and in the online pics it looked like real white, so I took a drive out to see what I'd find. Score! They came home with me and will likely find their way onto a 2004 Summit White Tahoe. Pass. side has two small paint chips that need attention, so I'll have to figure out how to get good, real touch up paint from somewhere since the only "paint" we can get here in CA Fascist BureaucRAT-ville is water crap paint.

I took a drive a couple months back when the Escalade looked white white in the pics, but when I got there it was the common pearl white.

One interesting thing I noticed on the white Escalade was that the climate control on the dash had values in C* as opposed to F*. It makes me wonder if this white Escalade was originally a non-US market vehicle. Anyone ever seen an 02 or later year Escalade with C* temp markings on the dash climate control?

eske3.JPG

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
On my 05 Tahoe, I did get some of these and painted to match my Silver Birch Metallic and installed. The look is so much better. You will like the change and is easy:

20210223_124426.jpg20210418_114720.jpg20210418_114729.jpg20210426_164029.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts