01 Yukon Fuel pump wiring/Won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the secret to the "Quick Connect" attachment on the evap canister? They are not quick disconnect for sure! I've managed to get one of the small ones off, but the others don't seem to want to budge no matter how or where I squeeze per the instructions in the Haynes manual.

My son got two of the three off last weekend before the 3rd one broke! He's not with me today & I really don't want to replace the evap canister again.

Thanks in advance- Jeff
Push forwards (like you are pushing on, even though it is on already) while pushing forward pressure is applied, squeeze tabs, while squeezing then pull in reverse.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Push forwards (like you are pushing on, even though it is on already) while pushing forward pressure is applied, squeeze tabs, while squeezing then pull in reverse.

That's definitely worth a first try but it didn't work on mine. Had to resort to the screwdriver method.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's definitely worth a first try but it didn't work on mine. Had to resort to the screwdriver method.
that's also a way I have had to do it, just had to be super careful not to break the connector if it wasn't one that was being replaced, plastic gets brittle and will break if you look at it wrong lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Success!!

I am back in service.

Thanks so much for the guidance. Wiring is corrected & reinstalled.

Thanks so much.
So were you looking at the connectors from the wrong side when you wired it the first time? It’s a mistake that’s easy to fall victim to.

OP
OP
M

miami592

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Holy sweet jesus! You put the 12v fuel pump feed on the fuel level sensor didnt ya?
Actually , no.

It urns out that I had it wired correctly. It turns out that in my rush to finish late at night and get my son on his way home, I forgot to plug the damn things in!

I'll say it. I'm an idiot! Once plugged in & reinstalled it started right up.

I'm greatly appreciative of the help. Let the laughter begin! Lord knows I've got it coming!

Thanks again- Jeff

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually , no.

It urns out that I had it wired correctly. It turns out that in my rush to finish late at night and get my son on his way home, I forgot to plug the damn things in!

I'll say it. I'm an idiot! Once plugged in & reinstalled it started right up.

I'm greatly appreciative of the help. Let the laughter begin! Lord knows I've got it coming!

Thanks again- Jeff
:lol2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy