01 tahoe squeaky shock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CustomTahoe01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello my front right wheel area has a annoying squeak that is constant because the roads are uneven and it causes it to squeak constantly. i greased everything i could but today i took a socket and put it on the bolt on the top of the shock that u can access in the engine bay. and i turned it. when i pushed down and up, i didnt hear the squeak, then i drove it and the squeak was there.the squeak was more quiet, then it got loud again... the bolt like turns when i put the socket on it and try to tighten it. theres like a rubber washer then a metal piece and a bolt on top of that. not sure whats up but any help is appreciated.

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to grab the shaft with something to hold it while you tighten the nut. Giggity.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have squeak in my suspension too. Never thought of the shock. I need to try this. Thanks and nice Family Guy reference. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dukk

Latest posts