01 Tahoe no rear heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diamonddave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my 01 Tahoe has no rear heat. I've removed the rear trim panels and checked both blend door actuators and they are working fine. The blower motor works fine. The A/C blows ice cold. The heater lines coming up from under the truck and into the rear are hot. However, when I turn it to the heat setting, no heat! The only thing left that is serviceable or replaceable that I can see is the blower motor resistor. Any thoughts ??

Thanks,
Dave

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my 01 Tahoe has no rear heat. I've removed the rear trim panels and checked both blend door actuators and they are working fine. The blower motor works fine. The A/C blows ice cold. The heater lines coming up from under the truck and into the rear are hot. However, when I turn it to the heat setting, no heat! The only thing left that is serviceable or replaceable that I can see is the blower motor resistor. Any thoughts ??

Thanks,
Dave
if the blower motor works then it's not the resistor, the motor doesn't know if it is blowing hot or cold it just blows period.
I would "double check" the actuator closest to the blower motor, be sure it turns to heat when you adjust the control and stays there.
if the actuator turns to heat and you still get cold air then remove the actuator and check if the blend door is broken, you will be able to move it by hand when the actuator is removed and you can feel it when it stops either direction.

per your statements the only issue would be.
1. the actuator is not moving to or staying on heat.
2. broken bled door

if both the actuator and blend door check out ok, then the only other issue would be a clogged rear heater core but normally the return line would feel "cooler" than the other line if that was the case

OP
OP
D

diamonddave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if the blower motor works then it's not the resistor, the motor doesn't know if it is blowing hot or cold it just blows period.
I would "double check" the actuator closest to the blower motor, be sure it turns to heat when you adjust the control and stays there.
if the actuator turns to heat and you still get cold air then remove the actuator and check if the blend door is broken, you will be able to move it by hand when the actuator is removed and you can feel it when it stops either direction.

per your statements the only issue would be.
1. the actuator is not moving to or staying on heat.
2. broken bled door

if both the actuator and blend door check out ok, then the only other issue would be a clogged rear heater core but normally the return line would feel "cooler" than the other line if that was the case
Thanks Wes. I'll go back and take another look at the blend door actuator that pertains to the hot/cold blending. It could have been stuck in the cool position. When I was working on it today I could see the shaft on the actuator turning as I went from hot to cold. I also took the actuator out and moved the internal blend door and it moved back and forth freely. It could be the actuator is just working intermittently and getting ready to go out.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wes. I'll go back and take another look at the blend door actuator that pertains to the hot/cold blending. It could have been stuck in the cool position. When I was working on it today I could see the shaft on the actuator turning as I went from hot to cold. I also took the actuator out and moved the internal blend door and it moved back and forth freely. It could be the actuator is just working intermittently and getting ready to go out.
so you were able to have heat today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons