01 Tahoe level out the rear ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sean1976007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to know if I just get the lowering coils for the rear is there anything else I should consider to keep a smooth ride the way it is now?Its an LS 2 wheel drive.Also ive never replaced shocks or anything to do w the suspension.

OP
OP
sean1976007

sean1976007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone?am I ok just swapping out the rear coils to level my tahoe out and keep the factory ride or will I loose some smoothness swapping out rear coils?if so can someone let me know what else I can do to try and stay close to the factory ride?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
anyone?am I ok just swapping out the rear coils to level my tahoe out and keep the factory ride or will I loose some smoothness swapping out rear coils?if so can someone let me know what else I can do to try and stay close to the factory ride?

I just finished a customers truck tonight same thing
rear belltech springs 2"
rear belltech shocks
front belltech shocks

Rides great and sits even and honestly rear rides better a lot less sway and you feel more in control. He will chime in shortly

BTW is your tahoe autoride?

Last edited:
OP
OP
sean1976007

sean1976007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
no autoride.thanks for your help.it will probably be another month b4 im ready to buy everything what kinda price we talkin for everything shipped my friend?thanks again ill order from u when im ready.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How many miles on the shocks that are on there now?

OP
OP
sean1976007

sean1976007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
not sure id say alot I bought it w/150k on it just a few months back but from the way it rides they probably have never been replaced.sorry it took so long to get back to ya

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
not sure id say alot I bought it w/150k on it just a few months back but from the way it rides they probably have never been replaced.sorry it took so long to get back to ya

Honestly if you have that many miles id do the front drop struts also. You can adjust from 0-2 inch drop and this way you get brand new shocks all around and a good ride.
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=144

In that kit above you can just add another set of spacers total would be $600 shipped and it would keep it at a 2 inch drop in rear not 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive