‘21 Yukon Denali 4WD - Front lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slickster888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I have read through the various threads and some great information from some very well informed and seasoned people it seems.

This is my first large suv and I have zero idea about modding/customizing cars.

I have noticed that the front is slightly tilted down on my Yukon which annoys me a little because otherwise it is a beautiful car.

I assume the front can be lifted somehow but I’m not entirely sure of how and what to look for. Apologies in advance if this question has been asked previously. I did try to search but the terminology was too advanced for me to understand. Any explanations in layman’s terms would be very helpful.

Best regards , SS

PatelFSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You can add 2 inch spacers in the front.
But the back is higher for when you add people and bags.

OP
OP
S

Slickster888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you and I appreciate that. I measured both the rear and front from the floor to the bottom of the fender and there is a one inch difference between front and rear, 37 and 38 respectively. With a 2inch leveling kit, wouldn’t the front almost be tilted up now based on this?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you and I appreciate that. I measured both the rear and front from the floor to the bottom of the fender and there is a one inch difference between front and rear, 37 and 38 respectively. With a 2inch leveling kit, wouldn’t the front almost be tilted up now based on this?
I'm in the same boat except my yukon is 1.25" difference front to rear. The guy at the local Les Schwab tire store told me if I put a 2" leveling kit on the front that it would end up slightly higher than the rear. This makes sense as simple math tells us the front would end up 3/4" higher than the rear in this case.

But then the parts guy at my local chevy dealer assures me if I put a 2" leveling kit on the front that it will end up level because lifting the front naturally brings up the rear a little bit. This logic also makes sense to me so I guess I have a 50/50 shot at my ride ending up sitting level.

OP
OP
S

Slickster888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s very insightful, R32! Thank you. Interesting how these things work. What year Yukon do you have? Mine is a 21 and it was slightly above an inch so not exact measurements I shared earlier.

PatelFSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2 inch leveling kit on my 07 Avalanche. Honestly I wasn’t a fan of it. Stock was better. IMO.

OP
OP
S

Slickster888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a 2 inch leveling kit on my 07 Avalanche. Honestly I wasn’t a fan of it. Stock was better. IMO.

Did it impact the driving experience? I might just live with it especially as I wouldn’t want the nose to be lifted up. Other issues with that is constantly blinding people at night as the lights will point upwards by 2 inches as well. Too many cons for a relatively small annoyance.

PatelFSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. Impacted driving and suspension. Also my wife is short. Five feet. Made it harder for her to get in and out. Also when I Towed the back sagged a lot.

OP
OP
S

Slickster888

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. Impacted driving and suspension. Also my wife is short. Five feet. Made it harder for her to get in and out. Also when I Towed the back sagged a lot.
Thanks, even more reason to leave it as is. It’s not that bad at all, especially with the Denali due to the big grill. I’ll just stick to changing out the shoes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645